Day Nine - And doing fine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Everyone! 10:30AM on Sunday, Day 9 of NO WINE! All is well. Another day waking up and feeling normal! I find the difficult times are in the evening around 7pm until 11pm. So I get through those four hours with a little wine wanting, but the rest of the day is fine. I did not drink during the day as I have work responsibilities, and it never crossed my mind to have wine during the day. Have you all identified what led to over drinking? I am pinpointing that in myself, although I have some ideas why I started over indulging.

I wish I had done this many months ago!

Have a great day!

Great job!

I am on day 9 as well, I know my drinking started to mask insecurity and low self esteem instilled in me by a verbally and emotional abusive alcoholic family. You probably have come across some of my threads. I want to just stop thinking about it and getting angry over and over about it but every time I do, something else happens. As mentioned before my family criticized me when I didn't drink many years ago ( i was boring) and now they say I am a drunk but they are not. Last night my oldest sisters daughter showed up at yet another school event drunk ( it was senior celebration and my daughter was there too). She also recently showed up at senior ball intoxicated too. But my parents think that my sister and her kids are just fine. Then in town last night we see my youngest sister coming out of the store on a beer run (she was hanging out again with my oldest sister "getting their drink on" cuz her daughter graduated" yet again my parents think my youngest sister is just fine.....argggggghhhh It just pisses me off that my parents fail to find flaws in their two other daughters and themselves. I wish they didn't move to my town! I want to move on but I'm just still so pissed off for the pots calling the kettle black!

Comment

Sorry, I got carried away, I should have just started my own thread. I am happy for you, and I agree it is nice to wake up feeling normal especially the not feeling guilty part. Unfortunately I did drink during the day usually I would start around noon so I could get a buzz and have time to sober up before family got home. That was a while ago though, just before going AF I would only drink about 2 - 3 times a week about 6 drinks (strong drinks) per day.

Comment

:goodjob: I am sooo proud of you!!! Keep it up! Believe me it is so worth it! My hard times were between 3.00 in the afternoon untill about 8.00pm. I did evrything to keep the craving away. I went for drives, I went shopping, I medidated, I even got into my pj and sat in bed to watch a dvd around 12 oclock midday. I still avoid situations where AL is around.

It feels so good to wake up without the hangover and all the emotions that goes with it xxxx

Comment

I feel fortunate that I am not having cravings and struggling very much like some people are. As I've said, once I break the habit of using excess wine to medicate feeling sad and lonely, I hope I can get back to the point where I can enjoy a glass or two on the weekends. I will never go back to the bottle a night ever again. Too scary health-wise and way too much of a waste of money!

Comment

Georgie - Glad you are still staying strong. Just concentrate on taking care of YOU because you can not control and change the behaviors of those around you, family members included.

Comment

Working...
            X