I lied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lied

and I'm not a fan of lying. I lied on here because I felt I had to, and now I don't have to anymore. I'm scared that by posting this I might be forced to leave, but I would rather leave an honest woman that stay and lie to people I consider my friends. When I joined I chose to lie about my age, making myself 2 years older, of course my presence here as InChains remains legal and within the terms and conditions of the site, the few of you who have been aware of me before this point will be aware of what thsi means beyond that. I just wanted to say I'm sorry and tell you all the truth

xIC
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

I lied

Hi Inchy. I have a lot of respect for you coming and telling the truth. Honesty feels good, doesn't it? Whatever age you are is really irrelevant to me. You could be 12 or 120 - I don't care. I lived a carnival of lies when I was drinking. Being rigorously honest is something I always *thought* I did, but I realize I was fooling myself a lot of the time.

When I have been dishonest, most of the time the person I hurt the most is me.

I hope you feel a sense of relief right now just getting this off of your chest. Hopefully you can move forward now as a participant here - getting and giving support - without that burden.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I lied

A long time ago (before you knew me as TG) I was here for about 2 hours openly, I was kicked off the site then for being underage, although its legal for me to be here now I am just hoping there aren't any repercussions for the truth regarding my being here before...

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

I lied

I can't imagine their would be Inchy. If anyone contacts you, just tell the truth that you have just been seeking help.

:l

I wish I would have had the foresight to seek sobriety at a much much younger age. You are doing the right thing.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I lied

I also remember you before and I'm right on board with DG's opinions, inchy.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I lied

thanks guys, it's nice to be able to be honest with you

Comment

I lied

Inchy, never worry. You are a wise head on young shoulders and have made yourself a part of this wonderful group. I wish that other young people could be fortunate enough to have your vision. I worry about my own teenagers and their drinking habits.
              By being here you have made a decision to ensure you are taking steps towards a great future! Don't beat yourself up over a little white lie.......I have nothing but admiration for you! You go girl and push as hard as you can to get the life you want. To be so wise at this age I am sure you will go on to do great things and benefit many in the future. Lots of love and good luck:l:h
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I lied

Hi, Inchy.

You have done a good thing by telling the truth, and who cares how old/young you are?? The point is--you are trying to get well and looking for help. That is what is important!! Keep trying, and I know that you will succeed. As DG said, wish I'd had this ite when I was your age!!

Take care of yourself!

TDN
                "One day at a time."

Comment

I lied

I forgive you InChains. When I first saw this thread, I thought that the lie was worse.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I lied

Inchy - no worries. We are family. I sometimes would like to lie about my age...of course going the OTHER way! X X O O
                    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

I lied

Inchy,

I am proud of you for reaching out at such a young age. You are a brave one! Keep posting and keep reaching out.

:l
                      M3
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

I lied

thanks guys, I knew you'd all be supportive if you knew, I just felt that by keeping my age secret I was forcing myself to hold back - couldn't post anythign without thinking 'oh god what if they work it out'. Feel like a weights been lifted

Comment

I lied

Dosent matter to me how old you are inchains, its good your helping yourself :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                          X