The beginning of week #2 and I am AF!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to post because I thought this would be a safe way for me to journal my experience.

It is absolutely amazing the difference one week can make! I started last Monday on the supplements (so far no problems) and the hypnosis (I was a skeptic but I kind-of like it!) and have been getting up and exercising...and so far I haven't stopped. Today marks the beginning of the second week (day #8) without alcohol and I am feeling more and more like me every single day! It is so much better waking up and wanting to take a shower and start my day (I would go two or three days without a shower when I was drinking because I couldn't find the energy to shower and I just didn't care). Every day I feel more and more like engaging and connecting with people again. I haven't hated myself in about a week (I don't seem to have as many self-destructive thoughts) and a new sense of well-being is returning to me. Little things like waking up and realizing that I don't have to remember today where all of the empty beer cans are so I can hide them before my son gets up makes me happy!

There have been a couple of times I have wanted to come home and open a beer but I didn't. I think the supplements help, although sleep has been a challenge. The important part is I am learning and I am putting in the time and the commitment and for the first time in my life I am admitting that I am an alcoholic and I can not do this alone.

I have quit before, but only for a few days (6 months one time when I almost got arrested) but I quit in a state of denial. This time I am taking a different approach and I feel different! I am so grateful I have this place to come to so I can talk about the journey I am taking.

I am looking forward to posting at the beginning of week 3. I will be back!

Thanks Sheri,
    I have been limiting sugar because I know that is a real trigger. The other day after dinner I had a real craving for sugar so I went to the store and bought Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches (better than beer I thought). The funny thing is, by the time I got I home, I didn't want one so they now sit in the freezer. I had a few nuts instead!

Comment

:goodjob: Keep it up Hazel it is so worth it. I will be looking for your post in another week! :l

Comment

Great job,Hazel. I take 5 mg of melatonin and a scoop of magna-calm before bed and I've been falling and staying asleep without any problems now. Wheneven I wouldn't drink in for a day or two in the past, I never slept well.

Comment

Great news, Hazel! Happy for you, and keep going forward!

Comment

Congratulations to you NoMoreWine! You are two days ahead of me..it feels good doesn't it?
            MissHazel

Comment

Jordan;1137700 wrote: Great job,Hazel. I take 5 mg of melatonin and a scoop of magna-calm before bed and I've been falling and staying asleep without any problems now. Wheneven I wouldn't drink in for a day or two in the past, I never slept well.
              Thanks for this Jordan. I will give this a try.
              MissHazel

Comment

Working...
              X