Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gearing up for an AF July! Come join me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone, Day3 for me. I feel good, don't really have any urges to drink. Although that is always how
    I start out. Then a week or so hits and I cave. When I start getting those voices I try to tell myself to
    think about how it will end. It will always end the same way feeling depressed, dark, and so terrible about myself. Is it really worth that brief period of time to feel "good". And its such a brief period of time. I often wonder why is it so overpowering to give in for just that small moment when the aftermath
    is so difficult. Its like you don't live in reality at all when you give in and let yourself drink. The reality is,for me, it will always end the same way. I guess that is just one of the tricky/sneaky ways alcohol really plays with your mind. Good luck to everyone this weekend- it is definately a tough one. Be Well,
    Aquamarine
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Hello All,

For me when the voices hit I need to reaffirm with myself what will happen if I buckle. It's a 100% chance of getting smashed since after the first taste my mindset goes from nondrinker to " I'm a failure so the hell with it, I'll pick up the pieces tomorrow". I guess the upshot is I've been through it so many times after wilting like a daisy I am less frequently under the illusion I can just have that one. Let's all stay strong especially during this upcoming 3 day weekend. Right now on day 18!
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Day 41 af here and gearing up for the three day weekend that will involve a lot of Al crap. But I won't be involved. I will just go through it sober (I don't normally drink on fourth of July myself so it shouldn't be too bad, but I am keeping my guard up.)
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Count me in too!

I'm all for an AF July.
          For the long weekend, I just keep reminding myself that there will be enough people running around getting sloppy drunk and making fools of themselves - people saying things they regret the next day or don't remember, or waking up on the 5th with a big ol headache. That's the "having fun" I plan on missing out on!

Comment

That will be helpful to me as well. I plan to think of all the hangovers that I won't have by staying af.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

MIA here and I am in for the month of JULY!!! On my 36th day AF bring me more and more!!

Comment

Wow! Such a great group already!! It's so good to see new names, start a new month, with new support and new plans. Remember (and I'm not being negative!) IF you should slip one day, don't throw out all your work, but get right back in the next day. This is not really about numbers, days, it's about healing, learning, and living the life we are all meant to, with support from the good people here. Jen, great to see you get a real jump on this for everyone.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Great momentum. Day 4 - No problem! Let's all continue. Big weekend coming up

Comment

rubywillow;1139692 wrote: Wow! Such a great group already!! It's so good to see new names, start a new month, with new support and new plans. Remember (and I'm not being negative!) IF you should slip one day, don't throw out all your work, but get right back in the next day. This is not really about numbers, days, it's about healing, learning, and living the life we are all meant to, with support from the good people here. Jen, great to see you get a real jump on this for everyone.
                    Exactly. We are here for exactly that. Fall off the wagon? then jump right back on!

Comment

I'm going to give it another try. I don't feel too positive or motivated, but I know must give it another go.

I'm planning on getting loaded tonight so that tomorrow will remind me as to why I have to try again.

I wish my husband would go to bed so I could get on with it.

I feel like such a loser.
                      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Jst checking in. Spent a gorgeous AF day at the lake. Can't wait to start July happy, healthy, and SOBER!! 4 days today. Looks like we have a great group here. I'm excited to see how everyone progresses.
                        AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Been AF since june 6th so hoping to make july my first full AF month in 11 years.

Comment

Here's to day one of a Sober July!
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Good Morning! Just checking in! Have a great Friday!
                              You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                              Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hoping all the best to everyone! Honestly say I've never felt better. Need to capture that feeling and compare to how I felt on Monday. What a difference!! Why would I (or anyone) not want to feel this way? Easy answer... as a say to my son jokingly when he asks a obvious question that he knows the answer to.... "now that was a dumb question".

Yet, I need to ask that to myself all the time...

Comment

Working...
                                X