Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gearing up for an AF July! Come join me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is July 1st and I am af. I am gearing up for this weekend to be af. I know that with a holiday and all this will be tough, but I know that I can do it! I have made it through St. Paddys day sober (and I was modding back then) and I know that I can make this 4th of July holiday a sober one as well (I am not worried about the fourth so much since I don't drink when there are fireworks and fire being messed with, its the days leading up to it that I have drank in the past but won't this year) and to think, I will wake up on the 5th going to work without a hangover.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hello Guys,

I'm here and it's July 1st and I'm AF for July!

I have had a bad couple days this week due to problems at home with my husband and his family. All I know is every problem is easier to face when you're not drinking. So, I am 100% committed to an AF July!

Sharky, so glad to hear you are feeling better! This addiction is so bizarre that we will do something voluntarily to ourselves that makes us feel so bad. I just don't understand it and I guess I never will!

Blues, Sam, Jenny, Drifty it's great to hear from you guys and gather inspiration from your posts!

Have a fantastic AF day all.

Comment

Hi Everyone, Just getting in from work, exhausted. Noone is home and won't be for
        awhile. Normally I would totally want to drink my wine alone and totally enjoy it. But-
        I am not going to do that. It is such an automatic reaction in me that when this situation
        presents itself with noone home my mind becomes consumed with being able to drink.
        I hope that the more times I don't give in to it that my brain will change it's automatic
        reaction. Looking forward to starting this month . Just going to take it day by day.
        Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Yay. July is here, we have a great group involved, and I'm so looking forward to staying AF. Everyone have a great holiday weekend. See you tommorow.
          AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

I forgot to post my plan, and believe me I need one. And I need to post so I stay accountable to the group.

1. take my antabuse everyday even though it makes feel like a cheater. take it even when i feel fine and don't think I need it.
            2. Post and lurk everyday
            3. take the supplements- no excuses. i even made a calender to track them all.
            4. stick to my workout plan
            5. Re-read Easy Way
            6. Make sleep my number one priority.
            7. This sounds a little crazy but I made a little doll for when the voice comes and tells me I can drink on so and so day or month ( it's different then a craving.). I'm going to stomp on the doll when he tries to wiggle into my brain. It's a symbolic thing and it will probably release a little aggravation too.
            8. I have given my family permission to drop me in rehab should I relapse. They have phone numbers and I even told them how to commit me against my will. Drastic maybe as no one feels it will come to that but I want off this merry go round.
            so, that's the plan. If you have any suggestions as to how i can make it better please let me know.
            Thanks for all the support. I just love my MWO pals.
            AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hello Blues Dancer,

It looks like your on day 6 - congratulations. With your plan and determination you will make this happen. Keep up the momentum and regain your power!
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hello All,

Hope everyone is rockin' an AF free day today.

Blues Dancer; love your plan, especially the doll part. A great way to stomp out the beast.

Jenny, I'm impressed that you are running again. How is the ankle feeling?

M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

Hi Everyone, Looking forward to an AF day. Great plan Blues Dancer. I think I've messed up alot in the
                  past when I am not organized in my head about not drinking. I think it really has to be a strong resolute
                  priority you keep foremost in your mind or it gives that wiggle room for you to slip. Have a great day
                  everyone. Aquamarine
                  AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Hello Guys!

Bluesdancer I agree that sounds like a fantastic plan. You will do well!!

I'm cleaning house today. Not the most exciting thing in the world but it needs to get done!! Later I'll go hang out with my sister and nephew and watch a movie and eat. That's always fun. The strongest drink they have in their house is whole milk! They are both skinny and don't believe in non-fat anything - just healthy good food in moderation -- so it will be a nice day.

Have a fantastic AF day all!!

Comment

I would like to Join the July AF Group!! WooHoo!! I have 27 days AF today.
                      You will all get to help me celebrate when I hit 30 days!!
                      Roll out those lazy hazy crazy days of summer== those days of soda and pretzels and root-beer floats! :H

Natilie

Comment

The evening of July 2nd and I am checking in being af and proud of it.
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I'm checking in on this happy sober Saturday. Feeling Great!!!
                          AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

Hey everyone! Just checking in. I ate 2 drumsticks today. Wow haven't had that much ice cream in a really long time, but it was so good! That is how I celebrated this fourth of July weekend.

I am running again M3, my ankle is good but I can only run every other day or it starts to hurt. I try to swim on the other day but the water resistance against my ankle when I kick hurts really bad. The breast stroke works though. I also do weights on the other day for some balance between upper and lower body workouts. There is a really good yoga studio in Dallas that I would love to go to but I would have to drive 30-45 minutes to get to it and so far I just can't make myself drive there when I have yoga at the gym. I do it one day though. The guy that runs it is suppose to be one of the best in the nation!
                            Be well all! Lets keep rockin this AF life!
                            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hi Everyone, Just checking in. Trying to keep the AF goal in top priority. I'm found myself
                              thinking about drinking yesterday when husband was making plans where he wouldn't
                              be home for awhile today. It is a completely automatic reaction in my head to immediately
                              get excited to drink if he is not going to be around. When I really stop and think about
                              that it is pretty screwed up . I guess I never make myself stop and take a moment and
                              think about it. I'm like a Pavlov dog when it comes to alcohol. This is where the really hard work comes in, to work through those feelings. I hope everyone is hanging in there.
                              The thing is you never regret not drinking, not ever. But you always, without fail, will
                              regret it if you do. Be Well! Aquamarine
                              AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Every Friday night is (becoming more was by the day) my hardest time. Now that I ave been sober for six weeks this weekend is flying by and I have had no real urges or cravings to drink. I went out Friday night for some me time (a friend helped pay for my pops) and I had no urges for al all night. Now its July 3rd and I am still going strong with no urges. This holiday weekend is proving to be the easiest holiday weekend ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X