Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gearing up for an AF July! Come join me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in. All is well. Having great weekend.
    AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hello Guys!

Great to hear everyone is having a successful 4th of July weekend!

Jenny, that's great you are doing so much running and swimming and weights! Wow, I need to kick my fat butt into gear and join you! I think the endorphins also help maintain the resolve not to drink.

I have had a lazy Sunday and just watched a movie and then chatted on the phone with an old friend. I'm going to go for a walk as soon as it cools off a little -- it's Florida in the summer so it doesn't really get cool but...bearable around 7:30 or so...

I seriously thought about going to an AA meeting today, but just didn't feel like making that committment yet. So I'm here instead. On one hand I'd like the meeting and the support, but on the other hand I feel like it's joining a religion or something - really it does feel that way at times. Has anyone else here thought of it?

Anyway, I'm so glad to have found this group for support. Have a wonderful AF night all.

Comment

I thought about joining AA but decided not to. I have this site and for me that is all that I need. If my situation changes (unlikely but you never know) , I may consider AA again.

Here it is Sunday afternoon and af and going to go to evening service at church and after tonight's service going out to eat with my Sunday School class. Going just to settle with af drinks.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I know the AA concept has helped lots of people, the part I can't get my head around is turning everything over to a higher power as if the individual is powerless to change. For me the only person responsible for my mess is me and the only person that can fix it is me. Just my opinion though. I can see the support part of it being important. The weekend so far has been hot, smoggy, and completely AF.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hiya everyone, day 8 for me and all good (bit of a struggle at times) but hanging on in there. Had the flu all weekend so that's kept me outta trouble. Will call back later, love and hugs to all xxxx

Comment

Blues Dancer;1140402 wrote: I forgot to post my plan, and believe me I need one. And I need to post so I stay accountable to the group.

1. take my antabuse everyday even though it makes feel like a cheater. take it even when i feel fine and don't think I need it.2. Post and lurk everyday
              3. take the supplements- no excuses. i even made a calender to track them all.
              4. stick to my workout plan
              5. Re-read Easy Way
              6. Make sleep my number one priority.
              7. This sounds a little crazy but I made a little doll for when the voice comes and tells me I can drink on so and so day or month ( it's different then a craving.). I'm going to stomp on the doll when he tries to wiggle into my brain. It's a symbolic thing and it will probably release a little aggravation too.
              8. I have given my family permission to drop me in rehab should I relapse. They have phone numbers and I even told them how to commit me against my will. Drastic maybe as no one feels it will come to that but I want off this merry go round.
              so, that's the plan. If you have any suggestions as to how i can make it better please let me know.
              Thanks for all the support. I just love my MWO pals.
              (Bolding is mine)

Hey Blues!!! Since you asked for some feedback, here goes!

I think you have a great plan here. I urge you to consider your point number one about the Antabuse. I urge you to NOT FEEL LIKE YOU ARE CHEATING!!!!!! This journey (IMO) is not a test of will power. This journey (IMO) is about our willingness to DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to be free of AL's grip. This opinion of mine also ties to your later point #8 about engaging your family to put you in rehab if needed. I APPLAUD THIS!!!! I'm sure it was not easy to consider taking action on this point, and talking to your family about it. IMO, this shows a lot of courage, and the kind of willingness to do whatever it takes - that it takes to get sober!!

I also like the self care parts of your plan. Exercising, supplements, sleeping. IMO, care is necessary after all that self abuse on every level - physical, mental, spiritual.

I like that you are re-reading Easy Way - tools to help you in your journey. There are tons of tools out there and I think actively engaging mentally in the recovery process by reading and seeking information is very helpful. It has been very helpful to me at any rate.

YOU GO GIRL!!! One day at a time we can do this.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Checking in -- AF 29 days today. Eating ,napping, reading, taking care of myself.
                July is gonna be a good month!! Actually enjoyed getting up early today and getting in a morning walk!
                Nats

Comment

Hello Gang,

Natalie, I also got up and took an early-morning walk today. I'm walking a lot lately, it helps me think and sort things out - and hopefully it will add some sort of definition to my legs while I'm at it!

Hope you are all enjoying a wonderful AF July 4th. I am having a peaceful day and working on my positive attitude.

Great to hear from you all! This is going to be a fantastic July.

Comment

Relaxing after a little walk till its time to walk to downtown to watch the fireworks. Being AF and proud of it. Its been so easy to stay af today. Course this holiday is a normal AF holiday for me.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Im in, for this month, and many more to follow
                      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Checking in. Been holiday and doing great. No slips, no cravings, and just got back from hotel gym
                        AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Made it through the weekend af and proud. Now its July 5th and I am on day 46 and not on Day 1.

Comment

Feeling really good right now. So far this year I have had 16 of the past 26 weeks sober and really feeling strong about getting this junk out of my life for good. Hope everyone has a great AF day.
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hello!

I'm feeling good too, Allswell. I hope and plan to keep this junk out of my life as well. I know that if I can stick with it long enough I will eventually look back on this time and think "why did I like that sh*&*$%!"?

I can't wait for that day to come. Right now, I'm not even tempted. I know the temptation days will hit at some point, but for now (thank God!) I don't have the slightest cravings or desire.

Hope you all have a fantastic AF night!

Comment

Today I have had a craving for a drink. My AL mind kept trying to tell me I made it 46 days, and that it is ok to have 1 beer and that I must be cured by now.......but I am not listening to my AL mind because A. 1 beer is all that it takes to drag me down and get me started to get drunk, B. I have no money, C. I would then have to start back at day 1, and finally D. I know that I am not cured and I know that I will never be cured to where I can have 1 beer and leave it. And by drinking again, I will no longer be cured. Its AF for life for me. I don't want to deal with AL and its effects no more!

Comment

Working...
                                X