Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gearing up for an AF July! Come join me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mylife,

I play guitar and I've been fascinated with the flamenco style. The masters really do make it look easy. The end of Buddhist Lent should make it 100 days for you - hope you can treat yourself to good playing guitar!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I'm still here. Just been really busy. Starting to get cravings, but I'm determined to beat it this time.
      AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hello Guys!

Hi Blues - just surf through the cravings. I know it's harder than it sounds but they really do start to decrease as the days go on. Bean had posted this link awhile back that really helped me to have hope about cravings going away at 90 days!! You might want to take a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REIF9R4Y60o[/video]]‪How I Quit Smoking and Drinking‬‏ - YouTube

Alls - yes the Buddhist Lent should fit right in with my goal. Thanks!! I would love to play Flamenco Guitar. I will practice more this week!

Comment

Hi Blues Dancer,

The one certainty with cravings is they only get louder and more powerful IF we give in to them OR even consider giving in to them. What works for me is to eliminate the thought immediately through some sort of distraction activity so as to not let it play with my resolve. This avoids the mental back and forth which can drive one to insanity and then, of course, to the bottle.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Checking in. All's well.
            AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

All is well here too. Day 59 and loving the sober life.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Today is day 7 for me. Feeling strong.

Comment

Checking in, Day 68 and a few days shy of completing the entire month of July AF!
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Checking in. One month AF today. We're kicking July's butt!!
                    AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

Congratulations Blues on 1 month sober! I'm still here, still sober and intend to be so for a long time. Still have 78 days of Buddhist Lent and then beyond. July flew by.

Comment

jennyneric;1144965 wrote: Sharky. . . . where are you?
                        Hey Jenn- still around. Crazy busy w/work and summer kids stuff. Have been fairly good but need to string some days together. How is every one?

Comment

Working...
                        X