Army Thread 28th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 28th June

Good morning all. Busy busy here sorting out what I may need for my holiday next week.
    You sound positive Reccie keep up the great work.

Good news here I have been taken off my bone strengthening medicine because after 20 years of going downhill I am actually OK now and can be discharged from hospital. Also my liver function is completely normal.
    Mrs A is very happy

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Thats great news Anon, lovely when you can see some tangible evidence of the positive changes you have made in your life.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Congrats Anon! That is wonderful news
        If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Afternoon Mrs A

That's excellent news. Very pleased for you.

Where are you off to on your hols? I'm sure you've said, but I can't keep up with everything!

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Morning all. At the gym. Humid here this morning! Hopefully a storm will roll thru at sort that out.

Good luck with the titration Reccie. I am sorry my pesto recipe was completely overpowering with cheese. I do love cheese but normally use gran padano as opposed to pecorino or Parmesan because it is milder. I also make it visually as opposed to measuring so I prob messed up the quantities.

hear y'all are finally getting some good weather. Long may it continue. X
            'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Recluse;1138223 wrote: Afternoon Mrs A

That's excellent news. Very pleased for you.

Where are you off to on your hols? I'm sure you've said, but I can't keep up with everything!
              Going to spend 2 weeks white water rafting down the Colorado through the Grand Canyon. Camping each night. We then fly to San Fran to visit my daughter for another 2 weeks. We are going to run the San Francisco half marathon together on 31st July.

She is the daughter who was with me when I made a complete arse of myself falling over drunk and breaking ribs and ankle. She will be very surprised at this new mother. She has not seen me for over a year.

Has the thunderstorm arrived Cassia?

Have a great afternoon everyone

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Hiya Cassia

Don't worry about the pesto! All I have to do is adjust the quantities next time to suit my taste. Most of my cooking is trial and error anyway. (Mainly error. :upset

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Nope, no thunderstorm yet mrs a but it's coming. When do you head for San Fran!

Recur - I doubt the error but, you sound like an amazing cook. X

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Grand Canyon 8th July, San Fran 24th July

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Arfternoon my darlinks

Mrs A....................:woot::woot:

Back from town got Mr JC a posh T-shirt, a pair of cargo shorts and some aviator sunglasses. He's gonna look gawjuss. The sunglasses were only a quid but he'll lurrve them.

Oh and a head massager what looks like an egg whisk.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Are u staying on the gran canyon? It's amazing! Are u doing a road trip?

Hey jc. X

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Hey Cassia,
                          Must go and get my luncheon.
                          Bacinabit.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Afternoon army,

People planing more holidays,

Sure its great life your all having :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

heya all, that great news anon

feeling pretty Godawful today - if anybody needs reminding why you choose not to drink I had a pretty fun time at half 3 this morning chucking up for 20 minutes whilst still drunk/high from what I was doing 4 hours beforehand with practically no clue what was going on... Still thats life. I'll catch up on the rest of the thread now

EDIT: caught up now sooo

Best of luck and sending awesome vibes the way of Reccy and Zenners - any time either of you want to ramble I'm a good listener, probably best not to listen to my advice though, given the above xD

Topic of pets jabs etc reminded me that actually my dog hasn't had his, we have trouble with the vet - dog is great with people but you try putting a needle near him and he'll take your arm off, so he'd have to be sedated, but to do that they'd have to give him a full check up with all the poking n prodding - my dog would then of course bite the poor vets arm off... can't win. So we're just havign to hope for the best with him, hardly ideal but a damn site better than having to ahve him put down coz he's killed the staff at the vet xD

xIC
                              I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 28th June

Cassia;1138250 wrote: Are u staying on the gran canyon? It's amazing! Are u doing a road trip?

Hey jc. X
                                We are camping every night along the base of the Grand Canyon and rafting through the length of it.
                                Hiya Inchy Yoo hoo JC

Comment

Working...
                                X