Day 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 40

I am at day 40! 20 more days till I hit day 60! I feel so free and happy. I am taking it a day at a time and I am 100% determined in this quit. It has been so much easier now that I am not allowing AL to be drank by me. In the past, I have let things get to me, or special occasions get to me and I drank. But those days are over! I will never drink again. I feel so free. I feel I have a life more and I don't have to plan when I go out (other then to tell myself no AL) because with no AL, there is no hangovers, which means I can wake up in the morning and do the things that I need to do, as in the past I planned my drinking days on when I didn't have much to do the next day because I knew I would be too sick to do much. Course I had my times when I drank even when I did have things to do (made sure I didn't drink as much). One time I remember getting drunk when I had to work at 6 pm the next day. I was so sick the next day I had to call off work. Course I started to feel better once 6pm came. But I learned my lesson to never drink when you have to work the next day no madder what. Course now I will never drink at any day as long as I continue to fight for my AF life!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 40

Your doing great drifty, I to tried to plan my drinking days, didn't always work though.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 40

Congrats! 40 days is so long.....you could have built and ark by now!

Comment

Day 40

Congratulations Drifty on 40 days and beyond. Life can be a very pleasant thing when you don't have to drag that ball and chain around anymore. Time to make the most of every day!
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
        X