Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be worried??

Hey you all,
    I have been having numbness and tingling in both legs and arms sometimes sever.
    Could this be from drinking ?
    Any info would be appreciated .

MUCH LOVE and PEACE !!

Bob

Should I be worried??

Hi pro,

Doesn't sound like AL related symptoms, but everyone is different. Maybe you should visit the Doc. Sounds like nerve damage of some sort. Good Luck
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Should I be worried??

Hello Pro, my son (who isn't a drinker) is suffering with the very same complaint and is undergoing a series of tests to determine what it actually is. At times it is so severe for him he says someone could hack off his hand and he wouldn't feel a thing - a bit scary really! I also work in the medical field and work with experts/professors so have info at my finger tips. It is a vascular related disorder and could be one or two of many things - have a look at information online about fibromyalgia and paresthesia. These are the two we are currently looking into. Certainly see your doctor and get sound advice, as I'm no expert just happen to know a wee bit because of my son.
      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

Should I be worried??

Hi

Hi there,

I am new to this site and was researching whether I have a drinking problem today and one of the questions did ask ity I get tingling in my arms and hands, so I am not sure. I would go to the doc!

Comment

Should I be worried??

Proparty I suffered them tinglings, mostly when I stopped drinking for a day or to, I would say it is well connected to your drinking but the mario man aint a doctor so have it checked out,all the best :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Should I be worried??

Thanks you all for the info.
            Nicelife I looked up "paresthesia" and now I am really kinda worried now.
            But thanks that gave me something to think about.

MUCH LOVE and Peace !

Bob

Comment

Should I be worried??

propartychief;1139821 wrote: Thanks you all for the info.
              Nicelife I looked up "paresthesia" and now I am really kinda worried now.
              But thanks that gave me something to think about.

MUCH LOVE and Peace !

Bob
              bob--neurological stuff--I worry about you--yes al can/will make for a wonderful something
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Should I be worried??

Hey Bob,

To be honest it could be ANYTHING, but I had symptoms of this from drinking. I often had a sort of numbness in my hands and feet accompanied by quite painful tingling if that makes sense while being numb! It has thankfully gone away now that I have stopped drinking, but during my last bout my feet were affected for a whole month. I was convinced at the time that it was permanent peripheral neuropathy - very scary!

I would also get tingling in my hands, feet and around my mouth while in withdrawal - I don't know what causes that.

Dose up on the B vitamins and good luck!
                K x
                Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                X