Army Thread 30th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 30th June

Recluse;1139398 wrote: Hello, I'm bacforabit.

Given up on the bloody sleep. :upset:Hiya Reccie - too bad about the lousy sleep. Hope it gets better soon. Am having a bit of a break myself today but must go bath my dogger. Should have done it last week but I've been putting it off. Today's the perfect day for it - warm with a slight breeze.
    EnglishWriter77;1139401 wrote:
    Hi All,

Don't get me wrong, I am happy, but just in shock!

Thanks for your support as always

XXXX
    Glad to hear you're happy EW, and I certainly can understand the shock. There is no doubt that babies change our lives but it's mostly positive changes and I'm happy that you're happy.

As for the economy - KTAB and Reccie - what you say is true and K - most of the protesters and rioters are just out for trouble as you say. Unfortunately they're being fueled by the opposition parties and the unions which doesn't help at all. And as for the banks' part in all of this - the economic crisis that hit the world a few years ago and continues to cause trouble was started by the banks' (especially in the USA) eagerness to lend money to people who couldn't afford to pay back the loans. We all know that and I think that even tho' we have a responsibility to know whether or not we will be able to pay back a loan when we ask for it - remember that the banks used to be very willing to give us as much money as we wanted and as many credit cards and we wanted with only very little research into whether or not the person asking for the loan would actually be able to pay for it. Here, at least, we used to get letters from the banks offering us loans without even asking for them. I remember when younger son first started university, he got a letter from a bank offering him a loan of 1500 euro to help him with student expenses. The tuition for the uni was free and the books as well. He still lived at home and was unemployed. If he'd accepted the loan, there was no guarantee at all that he could pay it back and he had no assets that the bank could have claimed if he defaulted on the loan. No car of his own, nothing. So we would have had to pay the money in order to avoid him the consequences of him defaulting on the loan. So I still put a lot of blame on the banks for this whole mess. It's very easy to offer someone money and very difficult to refuse what's being offered. Okay, that's enough from me - there's a dog to be bathed and I must do it now.

Hope you all enjoy your day. Laterz....:catroll:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

In answer to questions ?160 at least, n unfortunately time is not something the poor guy has, I can't say too much on the matter but I am now the only person in the family he's willing to talk to, as the only person who was neither involved or wanted it to come to this. Strange times to be living in
      I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

InChains;1139409 wrote: Just had a wee chat with my little brother, situation seems to be spiralling out of control, his girlfriends gonna leave him, he's smoking a hell of a lot of drugs coz in his own words he's got nothing to lose anymore, a dealer he owes money to is going to come down later and... well the rest speaks for itself to be honest. Not good.
        X-post Inchy - ditto to what Panno said - distance yourself if you can and be careful. Anyway you could get your brother into some kind of treatment centre. Just a thought - don't know if it's feasible or not. Take care and do what you need to be safe. Sounds like a dangerous situation as far as the dealer is concerned.

Now I'm really out of here...
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

InChains;1139425 wrote: In answer to questions ?160 at least, n unfortunately time is not something the poor guy has, I can't say too much on the matter but I am now the only person in the family he's willing to talk to, as the only person who was neither involved or wanted it to come to this. Strange times to be living in
          I can lend you if that would help.

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

thanks stirly, have a nice day

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

Reccy: my mums going to pay the money, but the guy still wants my little brother battered unfortunately, stupid situation, boy's 16...

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

Reccie thats incredibly decent of you.

Inchy he is young and has so much to learn of life, hopefully this experience will teach him a valuable lesson. If you lay with scanky dogs you catch fleas.
                Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

I forgot to say (largely coz I was a little amazed) that is really sweet of you Reccy, never new there were people that nice out there

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

That's a bad situation. Could he go into protective custody?

Edit: X-post Inchy.

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

I'm afraid I have to disappear for a bit, but I'll be back a little later.

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

Right folks on with the day, thanks n I may see ya'll later

xIC

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

Afternoon Army daily thread.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

Recluse;1139428 wrote: I can lend you if that would help.
                            Lovely generosity there recluse fair play to you

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

InChains;1139430 wrote: Reccy: my mums going to pay the money, but the guy still wants my little brother battered unfortunately, stupid situation, boy's 16...
                              Inchains get some one else to hand over the money and tell your brother to stay out of the way for a while and keep his head down,

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

:hallo:
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X