Army Thread 30th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 30th June

Your evening out and the venue sounds fantastic, Stirls! I love grilled lamb.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

tiptronic_ct;1139589 wrote: Hewwo, Dark Orchid Wonder :l
      Hiya bouncy Tiger Man!! :H:H I thought I'd scared everyone off with my food descriptions....
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

Oohh not at all Stirly I have written down the recipes.
        I love food descriptions

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

stirly-girly;1139591 wrote: Hiya bouncy Tiger Man!! :H:H I thought I'd scared everyone off with my food descriptions....
          Hello Army!!!
          Stirly --hope you are not gone yet. LOVED the restaurant you posted:h!When I went to Greece we just saw touristy places. That place looks like a hidden gem that only the locals know about. Yum. And I am so impressed you can speak Greek-and read it!

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

KTAB;1139573 wrote: Evening all.
            Fingers crossed Inchy. Hopefully he will learn from this and his brush with the law. I think teenagers are under a lot more pressures nowadays then I was at that age.

Edit: I meant to say bleedin deady & rapid.
            I have no clue what those words mean... I'm uncool. xD
            I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

tiptronic_ct;1139590 wrote: Your evening out and the venue sounds fantastic, Stirls! I love grilled lamb.The lamb was accompanied by their special salad. It's served on this huge platter and I swear it was piled almost 6 inches high. There's a picture of it in the link but it doesn't look like that when they serve it - it's bigger and better!! There's a base of sliced romaine lettuce, arugula, capers, lots of chopped dill and chopped tomatoes topped with croutons made from Cretan rusks and handfuls of crumbled feta that literally cover the top of the salad. The dressing is EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Simply put, it is to die for. Then we had grilled country sausage - big and juicy, not those little feckers, fries,"spicy" cheese which is feta combined with EVOO and hot red peppers, tzatziki, saganaki - fried cheese that looks like this... fried zucchini slices and banana peppers stuffed with cheese. The lamb chops were grilled to perfection and as I said, the bread was so good I would have been happy with just that and the salad. Everyone was most impressed by both the taverna and the food. And the bill was decent - just under 200 euro for 11 people, including wine, beer and soft drinks.
              anon;1139594 wrote:
              Oohh not at all Stirly I have written down the recipes.
              I love food descriptions
              Mrs. A, you need ripe, three-inch tomatoes. You put the blossom side of the tomato down, slice a quarter inch slice of the top to make a "cap", scoop out the pulp of the tomato and put it aside. Then you remove the seeds from the pulp and grate it on a large grater into a bowl. Put this into a sieve and save the juice. To the sieved and grated tomato pulp, add one heaped tablespoon of "soup" rice for each tomato that you have. For eight tomatoes, I'd use a large - three inches across - onion chopped finely, at least half a cup of parsley chopped and eight level tablespoon of currants. A teaspoon of salt and some black pepper if you like it - I don't. Half a cup of EVOO and half a cup of water into this mixture. Spoon the mixture into the tomato shells and top them with their "caps". They don't have to be full as the rice will swell while cooking. Peel and cut eight medium sized potatoes into six pieces each and put them in the baking pan around the tomatoes. Pour the juice from the sieved tomato pulp and a half cup of EVOO into the pan. Cover with tinfoil and bake in a medium oven for half an hour. Uncover and continue to cook in a medium oven until the rice is cooked - about another half an hour. Take one of the little caps off and test it to see if it's done. Be careful that the juice in the pan doesn't evaporate too much. You want to have a lovely tomato juice-oil sauce at the end. If necessary, by the end of the baking process, add some water to the pan. Best of luck if you try it out. Oh and serve it just warm. It's not to be eaten hot out of the oven. Big chunks of feta and grilled bread are the best trimmings..

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

Food food food.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

:danthin::jumpin::baaah::waving::earth:

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

bacinabit

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

mario;1139607 wrote: :danthin::jumpin::waving::earth:
                      :H Mario, either you've had a really delish supper or you hate food talk or there's something that makes you very happy that we don't know about yet. Hope it's the last one...

Am off to walk the dogger and then to bed. Hopefully I'll be on the boards again tomorrow late afternoon my time.

Troopers, be well, be safe, be sober....:h

Comment

Army Thread 30th June

Good night stirly, just been me.

Comment

Working...
                        X