Army thread 1st July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 1st July

Miss Behaving;1140257 wrote: A bit wobbly today tip. Mr b away for the weekend, some stuff going on for me and drinking thoughts are ever present. Hence I am here! Other than that all is good! Looking forward to summer!

How cold does it get in cape town?
    Feck the drinking thinking, Missy - you'll regret it afters.

CT itself doesn't get that cold - the worst I can remember was around 5C. We've had rumours of snowflakes here and there, but only on the upper slopes of Table Mountain.

Where I live (about 60km inland from CT), the temps can be colder, but I must admit that it hasn't been below -2C ever since I settled here about 16 years ago.

It's all relative I guess. As I sit here, the gas heater is on at full blast, I'm wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt and fleecy top and moaning about having to go out in the morning.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 1st July

errrrrrrrrrrr well the thing is, I've got the dinner to make, and oh me hair to wash, then there's cleaning the rabbits (oops we've got no rabbits) well any way I have an appointment to go screaming to the hills at the first sign of trouble.

We'll be there with bells on, Tippers.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 1st July

Thanks all for being here! I'm heading out for a swim now, it will make me feel much better!
        Tip - ct sounds a bit like Wellington climate but you get much hotter in summer. I have resorted to flannette sheets this winter!
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Army thread 1st July

Wow mr tips whats up ?????

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army thread 1st July

I must love yous and leave yous and feed the wage earner.

Take care, Missy B.:l

Will prolly have a midnight lurk.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 1st July

mario;1140266 wrote: Wow mr tips whats up ?????
              Och, not all that much, Mario.

It's just all those individual threads that are getting to me. For quite some time now... What makes bac-heads so special? No need to create a thread just because you're taking it, now is there? But they (or at least, many of them) seem to like it, for some or other reason.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 1st July

JackieClaire;1140267 wrote: I must love yous and leave yous and feed the wage earner.

Take care, Missy B.:l

Will prolly have a midnight lurk.
                Laters, JC :l

Give my regards to Mr. JC, will ya?
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 1st July

tiptronic_ct;1140269 wrote: Och, not all that much, Mario.

It's just all those individual threads that are getting to me. For quite some time now... What makes bac-heads so special? No need to create a thread just because you're taking it, now is there? But they (or at least, many of them) seem to like it, for some or other reason.
                  Maybe there addicted to them

Comment

Army thread 1st July

Sleep well to all who are heading off into it! It's lovely to be able to check in here when I need some stabilisation when I wobble!

Sweet dreams to you all!
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Army thread 1st July

:blush:Just found out now what the ct after your name means:blush:cape town:blush:

Comment

Army thread 1st July

Miss Behaving;1140273 wrote: Sleep well to all who are heading off into it! It's lovely to be able to check in here when I need some stabilisation when I wobble!

Sweet dreams to you all!
                        That's what we're here for, Missy :l

And we don't mind emoticon-age :H:H:H
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 1st July

:H:H:H:H:H

Comment

Army thread 1st July

mario;1140275 wrote: Just found out now what the ct after your name means cape town
                            :H:H:H

PLEASE tell me you didn't think it was short for Camel Toe!!!
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 1st July

Hadent a clue, afraid to ask in case it was the ct :-)

Comment

Army thread 1st July

mario;1140279 wrote: Hadent a clue, afraid to ask in case it was the ct :-)
                                LOL Mario
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X