Day 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 13

Well, today is day 13, made it thru & it will be the two week mark tomorrow!

Tonight I decided not to go out with work mates so I don't drink as that is the culture.

It's been an interesting ride not drinking. Right now I am tired, shouldn't I be full of energy? Plus my mood has not been my normally happy self, more quiet, tired and reflective. I want my easily excitable and happy self back but not via the drinking path

Just being a grumpy bum and having an ordinary day I guess. Boohoo.

Day 13

Congratulations on two weeks. I initially couldn't sleep for the first week which I think contributed to my tiredness. After all of the toxins are out and your body readjusts you should be better than ever.
    Best to you.
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Day 13

Hey Morrey, nice work on your 13 days, keep adding them together. It is not unusual to feel the way that you are. It takes the body a while to get used to not having the poison in it. After that it takes some time to find a normal level again, blood sugars, etc. Living sober is wonderful, and it is worth all the pain and suffering to get there. You can do it. Dont let your guard down, the cravings and urges will be strong, but they will pass. Hang in there,
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Day 13

Morrey,
        Day 13 for me too although I've had many in the past. I sleep only about 4 hours a night which makes for a very long 20 hour day. High summer here in the desert southwest with forest fires burning all around.
        Two weeks tomorrow; 30 days seems like forever.

Comment

Day 13

HI! Congrats to you! I am on day 14 today and halfway to my 30 day goal. I am feeling pretty good, and glad to hear you are all staying strong. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Day 13

Thanks all & made 2 weeks today.

Feeling much better. Not so grumpy. More energy but a couple of times it felt like my stomach was turning wasn't sure if I needed to make a dash for the bathroom (sorry too much information) but that didn't eventuate luckily. Not sure whether it's my body's way of detoxing but interesting none the less.

No random panic attacks today either, I had them plus a dull headache for the last three days.

Hopefully this is a sign of better days ahead!

One great thing though has been my sleep. Spedteach, I have been the opposite, sleeping much much longer than I have in years, even sleeping though my alarm. I used to wake at 6am but not now. Must say though, there have been a few stressful dreams in there.

Next I will need to figure out how to be sociable at events that are based around drinking, unfortunately it is so embedded in our culture that you are looked upon as not participating if you don't drink.

Anyways, it has been so helpful writing my thoughts on this site. Not sure I would have made it this far if I couldn't come back here and relate to people who are going through the same thing.

Well done NoMoreWine, you are taking it in your stride! Keep it up, we're in it together this far!

Comment

Day 13

Glad to hear you are doing well, Morrey. I am on DAY 15 today, and it's almost 6pm here. I am half way to my 30 day goal of not having wine in order to break the habit/ritual/cycle, or whatever we can call it, of sitting here and over consuming wine to fill up the emptiness, being along, broken heart, and whatever else I was using it to deal with! I am so looking forward to having wine when I want to savor it and enjoy it and not drink to excess with frequency!

Comment

Working...
              X