Day 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 43

Well here it is day 43 in my af journey and I didn't drink last night and I was grateful for it this morning when I awoke hangover free. I remember too many hungover mornings and they wasn't fun. And thinking of hangovers has helped me to get to where I am today.I am still sick and tired of having hangovers and I am still sick and tired of having AL in my life so I will have neither forever. However I am not going to look as it as forever. I am going to look at it a day at a time.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 43

Great job Drifty. That's exactly how I think of it too, one day at a time. If I think too long term it is too overwhelming. I can do anything for a day. Isn't it wonderful to live without AL and the effects? There is no morning that I wake up and wish I would have had a drink the night before. When the occasional thought pops into my head about how good a drink would be I just rephrase it and think how horrible that drink would make me feel. I also never want to start over at day one and I would make myself do that if I would drink. I am almost to 4 months and sometimes that seems like nothing and other times it feels like eternity. That's when I have to go back to thinking ODAT, all we have is today and today I will not drink!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Working...
    X