Day 44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 44

Day 44 af and I am getting ready to go to Church. My faith has been a big help in helping me get to where I am today (you guys are a big help to). Now I got 44 days under my belt and I am going to go to day 45 with the promise to not drink today. May get the chance to go out for dinner with my Sunday School Class and I know that I won't drink. This weekend has been filled with no urges or cravings and I am determined to keep that going by not drinking. For those who are early on their af journey, trust me, it does get easier the longer that you don't drink. Whatever you do, don't pick up that first drink. Its not worth it.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 44

So true Drifty. The first drink is all we have to fight. If we don't take the first drink we don't have to worry about the next ones, the hangovers, the embarrassing phone calls/texts, the arguements, the hiding and isolation or any of the rest of the hell drinking leads us to. You are also 1000% correct that it does get easier as the days go by. I have very few thoughts of drinking even when I am totally stressed out. When the thoughts do come up I shut them down and redirect my thoughts.

I think its great that you are making these daily posts. It reminds you and the rest of us that living without alcohol is possible but we have to want it and work for it everyday.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Day 44

Drifty, you are doing a really great job! Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
      X