Army Thread 4th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 4th July

mario;1141521 wrote: You not see me stirly :-(I did Mario but forgot to address you personally. I'm sorry....:upset:

HELLO MARIO MAN!!!:hallo:
    JackieClaire;1141525 wrote:
    Yo Stirls,

It was very very hot and I came in cos I was verheated: and then by the time I wasn't :toohot: and went back in the garden it had clouded over.

So I did a bit of pootling.
    Good for you. I actually look forward to cloudy days here in the summer. As long as the humidity is not too high.

Ah, Mrs. A. - you're right about that - they are better the next day. Now what would you like to make next? Ever eaten in a Greek restaurant and wondered how to make your favourite meal. Maybe I can suggest something. You can find recipes on the web but the problem with most online recipes is that they're mostly adapted to the taste of non-Greek people and are not true to the Greek food itself. For example - if you order a Greek "country salad" in Toronto, it's not the same as a Greek country salad here.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

anon;1141526 wrote: Lovely to see you on the army thread.
      Hi everyone. just packing my bag again only taking 14kgs for a month minimalist or what?
      Hi Anon, where are you going? I am impressed with your 14kg! I'm going to South America the end of September for 2 months and am hoping to travel light - near broke my back one time going to France - never again...

Great that Molly's in Canada, I'm sure I'll catch her when she gets back
      AF since 13th July 2010
      NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

You are forgiven stirly.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

mario;1141538 wrote: You are forgiven stirly.
          :happyheart:inkele::danthin:

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

Neart,
            You've just bought back a memory there.

It's 6 years since the son and heir went to Costa Rica with the school, even though he's a great big bruiser. I wondered how on earth he would manage with this gigantic rucksack.

I thought he might topple over backwards.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

Neart I am off to the USA on a big adventure trip

Stirly I am using up my leftovers as there is lots in my fridge so when I come back from hols i will be asking for authentic greek recipes:thanks:

JC will celebrate Thursday with you May push the boat out with a Pellegrino.

Off to have a liitle run as my antidote to the witching hour.

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

Go on then, I may join you.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

Good evening all...

I made a tiramisu with marsala wine. If I eat it do I have to go back to day one??? :new:
                  'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

JackieClaire;1141550 wrote: Go on then, I may join you.
                    Pellegrino or run??

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

JackieClaire;1141550 wrote: Go on then, I may join you.Wot are you and Mrs. A. joining up for? Has she and Mr. Anon an anniversary these days as well?
                      Cassia;1141554 wrote:
                      Good evening all...

I made a tiramisu with marsala wine. If I eat it do I have to go back to day one??? :new:
                      Cassia - good to see you. How's the 4th going for you? Any BBQ's, picnics, fireworks?

And any more news on your husband's visa?

I have this to say about your tiramisu question. If someone is AF and is dining out and orders a dish with a wine sauce, does it mean they're no longer AF. IMHO, it doesn't because in essence, when you cook AL, the alcohol evaporates but the flavour remains. Crikey, how much AL can be in one serving of tiramisu. In my books, you still keep counting your AF days even if you have some. FFS as Mr. Tiptronic would say....

Mrs. A. - I'll be happy to help out whenever you want about the Greek food.

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

evening all
                        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

Yoooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo Cassia,

Crikey there's been some hard one's today.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

anon;1141556 wrote: Pellegrino or run??
                            Defo the run. I think JC bought some new trainers not that long ago. Or maybe she was just checking out colours & prices online.

Um, er, if it's hot, Jackie will defo be inside with her lappy, various crossword puzzles and Bess rather than running. If it's cool and rainy, she'll defo be inside with her lappy, various crossword puzzles, perhaps some knitting and Bess.

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

neart;1141524 wrote:
                              Tips, I presume you are having roast potatoes with the roast beef? It's the law in my house...
                              I'm afraid I ended up making mash. I used lots of cream and butter, though! And the veggies were roasted.

Hiya Dark Orchid One, JC, Mrs. A, Cassia & Inchy
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 4th July

Hey Stirls

Yes - I am going to a bbq today and I have made enough food to feed the army - Tiramisu, Caprese salad, teriyaki beef kebabs and I am going to attempt to make tandoori shrimp on the grill. Yeah - there is like barely any wine in it - like 75ml across 8 portions. I think it just tastes boozy to me because I haven't tasted booze in so long. Anyway - I can't wait to have some! I bloody love it!

Got news on the visa...hubby went for his medical today so as long as the blood tests are fine, then he should have his interview in the next four weeks and be over here by mid August! I can't wait to see him again - I miss him terribly.

It's nice to chat to you all at a normal hour - how are things?

x
                                'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Working...
                                X