Some ways my life has changed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been about 3 1/2 months since I stopped drinking and I have been able to

1. Go pick up my nephew Thursday night at 12:30am after his friend stranded him downtown. I would have never been able to do that before because I would have definitely been drunk at that time

2. Go pick up something to eat and take it to a friend who was still working at 10pm on Wednesday night....see reason above.

3. Finally drive on the freeway today. Drinking had made me so anxious and nervous that I could not drive on the freeway for the past 8 years.

4. Deal with my sister not talking to me because she is in an abusive relationship and will not do anything to leave it. Before I would just drink to try to block it out.

5. Do whatever I want whenever I want because I am not drunk or hungover.

6. Enjoy everyday because I am free of the bondage of alcohol.

7. Drive by liquor stores and not be concerned in the slightest about stopping there. I was a slave to alcohol and hated being compelled to stop at the liquor store.

So many things I am grateful for both small and large. What an absolutely awesome life now...
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Wonderful post!! Thank you!!!:thanks:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

That is awesome Red! It is so free to be able to do things and not worry about AL.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I'm 2 days ahead of you..... and I like this list so I am going to write some of my own down because it makes me feel good

1. I can go into work and enjoy my job without having a banging head
        2. I enjoy my 6 y/o daughter jumping on me at 7 in the morning and having cuddles in bed
        3. I sleep better, so much better, and I feel like I've had a good night when I wake up
        4. I am no longer pissed, obnoxious and rude to people at night
        5. My shopping bill is so much less now I am not buying vodka and wine every week
        6. I feel healthier and inspired to exercise
        7. My hair is nicer (!?!)
        8. I am HAPPIER being in control of myself and not controlled by alcohol

Congrats on your 110 (!?!) days red67, I cant wait to celebrate 6 months and hope are looking forward to it as well!!!
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Here is my list.

1. Not going to church with a hangover (or missing because the hangover was too bad).
          2. Money saved, when I go out to Karaoke I now only spend 10-40 dollars instead of 60-100.
          3. Being able to do things at the spur of the moment and not worry about AL or the after effects of AL.
          4. Being clear headed at church.
          5. Not being too hungover to go to work.
          6. Feel better,get more sleep, and not wake up in the middle of my sleep and struggle to get back to sleep.
          7. No hangovers the day after and being able to do the things that I need to do the next day.
          8. More energy to do things.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Love this post Red.

Great to read all the positivity because of staying sober !!!

Congrats to you all, hope we can all keep going.

Best wishes

Damo in Dublin
            xx
            Still trying !!!
            AF 25th June2014

Comment

This all sounds so great, and it's a much better quality of life for you!

Comment

No matter how you slice it, life is incredible without the alcohol ball and chain!
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Red, I feel like I birthed a full-grown woman!! :H That was such a wonderful post!!!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

You sound great 67!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I LOVE your list!!!! I think my faves are #'s 5 & 6.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

You all are so kind and supportive. What an awesome commumity! What is really amazing to me is the mix of long termers and newbies alike who support each other thru this amazing journey to a new and awesome life.

Comment

Zenstyle;1142259 wrote: Pingu's number 7 about her hair... Man, is that the truth. Its no wonder the forensics use hair analysis. The med field uses hair for drug tests and general well-being too. My hair is like night and day... its a lovely thing on top of my noggin when I'm not drinking and when I drink its a bunch of straw. Horrible.

Anyway... as you were lol!

p.s. It's a lovely thing on top of my head just now... so that is good... )
                          Really? I had no idea... I just know it feels nicer and less greasy and loads of people have commented about it recently.....

the lists are awesome, I like this thread a lot. It's so much more constructive focusing on the positives every day.

Added a picture of my nice hair, and my lovely daughter who jumps on my bed in the morning for cuddles and who I don't have to tell to go away because I have a banging head.....

I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

OMG that's a beautiful picture Corrine! That little girl is too precious!!! And you are too!

Comment

Working...
                            X