Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 DAYS and What I Have Saved!

Hey, Everyone!

Well, I am on day 20 of breaking my nightly wine ritual. Everything is going very well, and I am so glad to not be engaging in the wine anymore. Like I have said in other posts, in getting rid of a horrid relationship with a twisted person (of course, I didn't know he was twisted at the start of it all), I am now getting back to the former me! I know some of you love my math, so here is what I have come up with for 20 DAYS of no wine:

Okay...some days it would have been two bottles, so for the sake of math, we will say 25 bottles may have been consumed in 20 days:

$10 per bottle = $250 (not spent on wine or anything, for that matter) WOW!!!!

Approx 500 calories per bottle 500 x 25 = 15,500 calories (approx 4 to 4.5 pounds NOT GAINED)

$250 not spent
    4 pounds not gained

Getting back to my wonderful healthy and happy self......priceless!

I hope you all are doing well today, too!

Hey No More, I do like your math for sure. I love how you word it, getting back to our real selves, right on. I figure, I have saved at least $ 3500 since I went sober. I does add up.
    Take care,
    Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi, Hill: I think, in my case, I had a "man" problem, not a wine problem. DAY 21 here! You know it's good when you are not quite sure if it is day 20, 21 or 22. Soon, I won't be paying this any attention at all. Hooray!

Comment

No, I've been doing my own computations on just a week with no ciggies, and that's around $40. It's a GREAT feeling, isn't it? And feel absolutely justified in buying that ice cream or those shoes!! :H
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey, Ruby...I am not aware of the price of cigarettes, but someone I know said she is spending close to $200 per month on them. I was in shock!!! I keep telling her you are going broke to pay them to KILL you! Glad you are not smoking and saving some money!

Comment

Good for you NMWTT!!
            You seem to be getting thinner and wealthier ($$) every day!
            MissHazel

Comment

I love you guys.....
              I am a Broker & have one of those calculating minds!
              When you look at it with numbers, it all seems to make alot more sense!
              Seriously.... Who wants to lose money or gain weight?

Comment

NMWTT. Great positive way of looking at it. well done and keep it up :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                X