Anyone have an iPad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have an iPad?

I know I posted on this topic several weeks ago, but I only got one response and was hoping there may be more iPad or iPhone owners out there since then. Has anyone run across interesting apps?

I just got an iPad and already have an iPhone. There are quite a few relaxation/self hypnosis apps. There are even some specifically designed to help you stop drinking. I have downloaded several of those. I just posted on a thread started by Misshazel about hobbies and am looking for things to do at night. If anyone has some fun/interesting/educational app suggestions, I would really love to hear them.

Anyone have an iPad?

Hi LFP..
    This is MissHazel and I will send you lots of suggestions once my husband gets home. We both have iPads but he is really into apps..educational ones, fun ones, etc.
    I will get back to you with suggestions..
    MH

Comment

Anyone have an iPad?

OK my husband is home..

OK..fun ones are Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja and they cost very little or are free...we did this with the Family for hours at Christmas. Go to the app store and search on the above..you might be able to download a free version to try.
      If you're into stars there is Go Skywatch Planetarium, and Google Earth is cool. Pandora Radio for music is free. NASA is free and has thousands of videos and photos from space. Starwalk costs $4.99...

Yes, my husband is into the stars and space.

Comment

Anyone have an iPad?

I really like "best ads on TV". Some are really funny, some are really touching, some are just amazingly creative.

And best of all it comes from a media company based in NZ
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Anyone have an iPad?

One of my favourites is 'Soundhound'.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Anyone have an iPad?

I have an iPad. What apps do you have for relaxation and to stop drinking?

Comment

Anyone have an iPad?

Hi Lila, I'm sorry I didn't see your question about ipad apps until today. I have downloaded an app called Addiction Help Brainwaves, which is basically different relaxing sounds with different binaural beats. I find if I wake up at about 4 am, I listen with headphones and it is very calming and soothing. It's my favorite for what I consider meditation and relaxation. It's 9.99, I believe. It is pricey, but I can feel the difference. There is also one called Control Alcohol for 5 dollars, but I haven't purchased it. I have Cravings Manager (free) which is just a tool to help you stop and examine a craving in the middle of it. You just have to be able to stop in the middle of a craving and actually use the app.

I like Relax and Sleep Well (free) Relaxing Ambience (free), Louise Hay's "I can do it" 365 day 2010 calender (free, because it's 2010, but you still get a good affirmation each day)

If you search hypnosis, meditation, relaxation there will be a lot you can get for free or for 1.99 or less. I go by the customer ratings and there reviews.

Thanks everyone else for you recommendation, I have downloaded some of them already.

Comment

Working...
              X