Day 49

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 49

Wow here I am at day 49. I am getting excited to meet my 7 week mar tomorrow and my fifty days tomorrow. It also marks the longest that I have gone since I started my journey that I didn't drink. The last quit I had was 8 weeks with 2 drinks. This time I am on day 49 and 0 drinks. I am feeling good and gearing up for yet another af weekend!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 49

Drifty, this is so good to hear. Thanks for being an inspiration to those of us just now starting out. Can you tell us a little about how you're feeling?

Comment

Day 49

I am feeling good. More energy and not feeling sick because I have a hangover. It feels great to be free from the AL demon. I remember the morning after all to well and I am glad that I don't have to go through that anymore.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 49

D Al, you're on a GREAT roll, love! I hope it feels wonderful for you. It's very much an inspiration for new visitors to see this success.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Day 49

:goodjob: Drifty, as Rubes says inspirational.
          Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Day 49

Drifty, I'm only on day 7, but I'm really starting to understand what you're saying. I'm already getting fantastic sleep and wake up feeling refreshed. I just have to convince myself never to take that first drink when I'm in a social setting (my weakness).....When I do, I then slowly start the process again and end up pissed and in a rut!

Great job and thanks for sharing the experience!

Comment

Day 49

Well done drifty alison its uplifting reading your everyday journey,well done

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
              X