I have failed!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have failed!!!!

I am ashamed to say that on Wednesday night which was day 33 AF, on the way to watch Take That I gave in to alcohol!! All the way on the train I knew I was going to have a drink, I needed to drive back later from the train station so I could only have 2 drinks, and thats what I did! I know if I didne have to drive home I would have kept drinking. I felt depressed and very tired on Thursday and here I am back on day 2 AF. I am gutted and just like when u give up smoking and have one cigarette your mind starts playing mind games!!

Feeling S**T

Rocks xx

I have failed!!!!

Hiya Rock's,

Don't panic! Great work on day 2 AF!

33 days AF is a fantastic accomplishment. You decided to drink, and now, it sounds like you've decided you want your sobriety back. What's your plan from here?

And don't forget yer Toolbox. Check this out here https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I have failed!!!!

Glad to hear that you got right back on the wagon. Just make sure that you learn from this and don't repeat it.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I have failed!!!!

Do Not Consider yourself a Failure!
        You just pick yourself back up & keep on moving foward!
        Keep us posted.....

Comment

I have failed!!!!

It happens a lot Rocks, dont be too hard on yourself.

But you want to get back on track which is important and you can get going again.

Onwards and upwards and your AF days will build again.

All the best

Damo
          Still trying !!!
          AF 25th June2014

Comment

I have failed!!!!

Hi ROCKS! AS every one has said you are back again being AF! So do not be hard on yourself! The past is the past we learn from it. Today is the present and you are AF now!! xx

Comment

I have failed!!!!

Hi Rocks
              I'm with everyone else here, don't beat yourself up, be proud of what you have already accomplished and are in the process of accomplishing again. Today is the first day of the rest of your life and we can't look back and ponder or feel guilty and ashamed when we feel we haven't quite done what we set out to do. Because that's life and that's being human, we all do things and wish we hadn't, but you have picked yourself up and got back on the horse (so to speak). I am very proud of you - keep up the good work and don't look back pay it forward. Kaza x
              Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

I have failed!!!!

you are not a failure - you are my hero!
                33 days without vino. Calculate how much crap you would have put in your system had you still been drinking....and something in your sober self knew to create a condition that limited your intake.
                learn a lesson, stay focused, move forward!

Comment

I have failed!!!!

Rocks

How you view this lapse will determine how you react to it. If you see it as a sign of failure, then your self esteem will suffer, you’ll lose hope and end up believing that the changes you’re trying to make are not possible, that you’re simply an alcoholic, you just can’t help it. This sort of belief can then lead you to drink even more – so a single mistake turns into a full relapse.

Or you could look at your mistake as just another occasion where you slipped back into old routines for a while. But that needn’t be a reason for you to give up hope, just a flag to remind you that, for the moment at least, you need to be very vigilant about your behaviour.

Observe your own feelings and thoughts, be aware of when you’re in the sort of mood where you usually want a drink – and do something about it, something different. Acknowledge that you’re feeling weak or emotional – talk to someone & post here about how you’re feeling generally. Don’t try to struggle through it alone.

Don’t forget, the best way to handle your feelings is to express them – talk about it. That way a lapse can remain just that, something you can learn from rather than an excuse to relapse completely.
                  Go for it rocks your still doing great :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                  X