RIP Betty Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Betty Ford

Betty certainly could have hidden her addictions in the way that people with money can do. But she did not. A woman ahead of her time, I think.

RIP Betty.

The Associated Press: Betty Ford helped pave road to recovery for stars

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

RIP Betty Ford

R.I.P. Betty Ford.

Thanks for the article too DG. I like how it say's she use to welcome folks to the center by saying 'My names Betty Ford, and i'm an alcoholic and drug addict'. Direct and honest. It's only now that i'm learning more about her. She leaves a great and continuing legacy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

RIP Betty Ford

I was reading about, and remembering, her, earlier. At the time it was SO shocking. Now looking back, how far we've come and how refreshing to have someone who spoke honestly, had such impact, and used her position to truly educate people.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

RIP Betty Ford

Betty Ford was definitely before her time!

There IS hope for us all to live a long healthy life in recovery. She lived until she was 93!! A wonderful woman who did so much for addiction and breast cancer.

RIP, Betty.

Comment

RIP Betty Ford

RIP Betty Ford
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

RIP Betty Ford

Rest in peace Betty Ford. :h
            ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

RIP Betty Ford

RIP Betty Ford,
              One of the truly remarkable women of the 20th century. A true Champion for women, and the rights of women. Betty Ford changed the perception of addiction and recovery, she brought breast cancer out of the closet, she supported women's rights and the right to choose at a time when these issues were not openly spoken about. We owe much to Betty Ford for her courage, passion and humility.

Betty Ford, a Life Well Lived!
              Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

RIP Betty Ford

RIP Betty Ford.......Just wanted you all to know that Gerald Ford sent his kids to public school while he was president. My brother went to TC Williams in Alexandra, Va ( of Remember the Titans fame). He and one of his sons partied together.....for real ! He use to call the house looking for Cisco (my brother's nick name). Tony
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                X