smoking vaping.BETTER THAN TOBACCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mario, thanks for all that info. my model is a tornado tank bought from totally wicked.com. it came with low high and medium strength and the low (in menthol) is just great for me. ive not smoked tobacco at all and i have no urge to so in that respect its fantastic for me. im also definately smoking less so another plus point for me. i wouldnt dare try smoking it in a cafe or pub as i really wouldnt want the confrontation so i will still go out with the smokers. i think i read somewhere that they also come with a zero nicotine refill which silly as it sounds could quite possibly work for me in the future....... as long as it is menthol.
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

See The Pony;1145356 wrote: The only way to give up smoking is to stop smoking nicotine. Everything else, all these ridiculous inventions and strategies, are bullshit. Patches, electronic cigarettes etc -- just another way of supplying yourself with nicotine. Snus. Nice try. It's all just a package holiday away from Cigarette land where you'll be back again in 2 weeks, or a month.

You've just got to stop smoking. That's all there is to it.
      I find that very ironic coming from you seethepony,

Why dont you just stop drinking ? That's all there is to it, no wait that's a different addiction

Comment

Addiction is addiction. Alcohol, smoking, eating, whatever. If this electronic thingy helps Spuds cut down o the nicotine, then that is the first step to stopping altogether. Good luck to you Spuds. All addictions suck and are hard to break. One day at a time friend.
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Spuds if medication or any gimic can help you personally stop go for it, good luck. Every little helps ;-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

"I find that very ironic coming from you seethepony"

Me too...

Big differences between alcohol and ciggies. With cigarettes, you just go through hell for a week or so and your body forgets about nicotine. I quit 5 years ago after chugging through at least 40 per day (rolling my own. Basically I chain smoked the whole day.)

Nicotine is a physical addiction that wanders off by itself if you let it. Booze is infinitely more persistant. I've never thought, "Oooh, I just did a year without a Marlboro moment, maybe I should have just one to celebrate..." Whereas with alcohol, if I managed 4 days AF (which happened once in the last 12 years...) I'd think blimey! It's party time! Alcohol has a million sneaky tricks up its sleeve, nicotine is kind of obvious and stupid by comparison...

Anyway, I was able to quit ciggies with my own pathetic stockpile of willpower. My brother, 3 years older than me, has been trying for the past 15 years to quit smoking and has tried every gimmick on the planet. He still pays Philip Morris a couple of thousand pounds each year to make him stink like an ashtray, and I think he's given up giving up.

As for the booze, I needed baclofen to break the addiction and I am happy to report that I have indulged in alcohol twice since Easter. Both evenings I drank a tiny amount but was rewarded with the most appalling hangovers imaginable. Baclofen seems to have altered my body's chemistry - alcohol has no grip on me whatsoever and it is no effort for me to ignore it completely. I feel like I've had an entire body transplant. Simultaneously I've decreased my baclofen intake to zero without ill consequences, which is weird because when I tried that last Xmas things went wrong big time.

My conclusion - I couldn't quit booze by myself. Thankfully baclofen worked wonders for me. Yeah, I had got to the point where I was desperate to quit, not just vaguely toying with the idea as some seem to do on this forum. I was looking down the barrel of a gun, with a two year old daughter and wondering if I'd live to see her 5th birthday. etc...

Uh, so much for the pithy one liner I wanted to retort with... I know none of this is easy, but giving up ciggies can only be done by giving up nicotine. There are no risks involved, no danger of hallucinations etc if you siddenly go cold turkey on nicotine. You just feel like shite!

Good luck to everyone with all their addictions no matter what they be... And Spuds, when are you going to give baclofen a try?

Comment

Seethepony;1146131 wrote: "I find that very ironic coming from you seethepony"

Me too...

Big differences between alcohol and ciggies. With cigarettes, you just go through hell for a week or so and your body forgets about nicotine. I quit 5 years ago after chugging through at least 40 per day (rolling my own. Basically I chain smoked the whole day.)

Nicotine is a physical addiction that wanders off by itself if you let it. Booze is infinitely more persistant. I've never thought, "Oooh, I just did a year without a Marlboro moment, maybe I should have just one to celebrate..." Whereas with alcohol, if I managed 4 days AF (which happened once in the last 12 years...) I'd think blimey! It's party time! Alcohol has a million sneaky tricks up its sleeve, nicotine is kind of obvious and stupid by comparison...

Anyway, I was able to quit ciggies with my own pathetic stockpile of willpower. My brother, 3 years older than me, has been trying for the past 15 years to quit smoking and has tried every gimmick on the planet. He still pays Philip Morris a couple of thousand pounds each year to make him stink like an ashtray, and I think he's given up giving up.

As for the booze, I needed baclofen to break the addiction and I am happy to report that I have indulged in alcohol twice since Easter. Both evenings I drank a tiny amount but was rewarded with the most appalling hangovers imaginable. Baclofen seems to have altered my body's chemistry - alcohol has no grip on me whatsoever and it is no effort for me to ignore it completely. I feel like I've had an entire body transplant. Simultaneously I've decreased my baclofen intake to zero without ill consequences, which is weird because when I tried that last Xmas things went wrong big time.

My conclusion - I couldn't quit booze by myself. Thankfully baclofen worked wonders for me. Yeah, I had got to the point where I was desperate to quit, not just vaguely toying with the idea as some seem to do on this forum. I was looking down the barrel of a gun, with a two year old daughter and wondering if I'd live to see her 5th birthday. etc...

Uh, so much for the pithy one liner I wanted to retort with... I know none of this is easy, but giving up ciggies can only be done by giving up nicotine. There are no risks involved, no danger of hallucinations etc if you siddenly go cold turkey on nicotine. You just feel like shite!

Good luck to everyone with all their addictions no matter what they be... And Spuds, when are you going to give baclofen a try?
              Day3 feel like shite, climbing the walls at the moment. Nice view from up here:H
              Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Thanks See...I really did not know the diff since I have never smoked. There IS a difference n the withdrawls definitely. The more you know, you know right?? !!
                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

As I've said, I'm on day 10 nic free, ready to bite the heads of bats and bolts, so put nothing near my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                  X