Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy Folks: first post, just starting (to stop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day two, and a looooonnnng time coming, can't remember how long it's been i've gone a day without drinking (unless seriously ill or hungover). I just kinda jumped in head first this time (bad hangover yesterday), I really, really want to get shed of this 'thing' that has hold of me and has fooled me for so long. It's killing me, literally. I'm overweight, pre-diabetic, have gout, but worst yet I've lost enthusiasm for life in general, (no, not suicidal, just don't have that zeal anymore).

Looking forward to sharing and interacting with you all.
    ?People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be?. Abraham Lincoln

Hello! End of Day 1 for me tonight...well done...keep going!
    ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Hi Sidhartha,

The gout is what really made me serious about quitting. Strangely I only had attacks after I would quit drinking. After a few days of not drinking one of my feet would swell and be really painful, I thought it was a running injury and the Dr. would take an x-ray and say I was fine and should stay off it and take aleve. It wasn't until the most recent attack I went to a different doctor who took a sample of the fluid from the inflammation and confirmed it was gout. After that I knew I had to quit or face taking medication for the rest of my life. Please have a look around the site, there is a lot of good information here. By the way, love the avatar!
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi sidhartha,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place
        A good place to start is with the MWO book - you can download it right from the Heath Store here.
        And take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for ideas to help you make you plan.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread in the Just getting Started section for more support.

It's hard work, you need to commit yourself but you can do it & you won;t be sorry!
        Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Queenbug;1145107 wrote: Hello! End of Day 1 for me tonight...well done...keep going!
          Hello to you QB. Did you plan to start on day one or just did it on a whim?

allswell;1145157 wrote: Hi Sidhartha,

The gout is what really made me serious about quitting. Strangely I only had attacks after I would quit drinking. After a few days of not drinking one of my feet would swell and be really painful, I thought it was a running injury and the Dr. would take an x-ray and say I was fine and should stay off it and take aleve. It wasn't until the most recent attack I went to a different doctor who took a sample of the fluid from the inflammation and confirmed it was gout. After that I knew I had to quit or face taking medication for the rest of my life. Please have a look around the site, there is a lot of good information here. By the way, love the avatar!
          Heheh, I searched long & hard to try find that most unique avatar! Like your's too . I'll talk more about my gout later. It DOES run in the men of my family, mine's just worse from drinking.

Lavande;1145177 wrote:
          Hi sidhartha,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place
          A good place to start is with the MWO book - you can download it right from the Heath Store here.
          And take a look in the[link removed] for ideas to help you make you plan.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread in the Just getting Started section for more support.

It's hard work, you need to commit yourself but you can do it & you won;t be sorry!
          Wishing you the best on your journey!

Lav
          Thanks for the welcome Lavande; I took one look at this site this morning and knew it was a good place for support, so I joined, here I am. Thanks for the info, I WILL check it out.
          ?People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be?. Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
          X