Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question re. increased appetite w/out taking meds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi: newbie here. One quick question.

I've stopped drinking after quite a long time, and knew that my decreased appetite (and weight loss) were the result of the alcohol. NOW, I my goo'ness, I cannot stop eating! Part of me understands that my body is making up for lost time, but I'm craving things I haven't had in decades. My husband was astonished as he watched me drink 2 glasses of whole milk in on go. I NEVER drink milk - haven't in 30 years. Has anyone else felt such appetite like this? I'm not taking any medications, just thinking positive and enjoying eating, but this is also weird!:new:

:welcome: Abdiel.

"Has anyone else felt such appetite like this? I'm not taking any medications, just thinking positive and enjoying eating, but this is also weird!"

My craving was ,and still is, CHOCOLATE
    can't get enough , couple of large Cadbury Dairy Milk a day Yummmmm.
    My take on this is iF IT KEEPS ME AF don't really care at this time, will deal with it later.
    Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Hi Abdiel,

I had an increased appetite as well. I figured it was probably a blood sugar thing since the massive amounts of alcohol I was drinking daily replaced meals often times. It did seem to taper off and get more reasonable for me after about 2 weeks but, like Foamfollower, chocolate was a weakness. The most important hurdle is getting over the alcohol and the rest can be dealt with later. Good luck!
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I'm nearly 4 months AF and I have never eaten so much. I have put on half a stone. Still I can deal with the weight another time, the focus for me at the moment is not drinking.
        Fudge and Jordans raisin crisp cereal are my weaknesses!!!
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Thanks for replying

Hi All:

Thanks - yes the cravings have been weird. I do understand the sugar cravings - my alcoholism really killed my appetite and I became actually too thin (well, except for the puffy face and the beer belly!). So I'm not worried about weight gain, just the weird stuff I'm imbibing that I never did before. But, as you say, as long as I'm AF, it's all good - just trying not to think about all the icky stuff I know about mass milk production!:thanks:

Comment

Working...
          X