Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th July

Good morning, Army

We're having a wonderful spell of warm weather - long may it last!

Wishing you a lekker day ahead.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Army Thread 12th July

Hiya Molls

Mr. M is back to work today isn't he?
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Morning Molly and Tips-and everyone else to come
      It's a beautiful day here too! I have an early class this morning and then I'm off for the rest of the day.
      Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday! xxx

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Good Morning Molly, ExPatty and Mr. Tips and to all who drop by later.

Hope you all have

Molly, X-posted a couple of times yesterday but didn't manage to really "talk" to you. I see you had a great time in Canada. What was your favourite part and what places did you get to see?

ExPatty - does your son come home today? You'll be looking forward to hearing about his camp adventure...
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Morning Expatie & Stirly
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Delighted to hear you had such a good time. Yep, we Canadians are a friendly lot and always do our best to make sure people have a great time when they visit. You were in my part of the country. I grew up in a small town just over an hour from Toronto. And we spent lots of time camping and fishing in the parks and lakes in central Ontario in the summertime. The cabin on the beach sounds divine. Isn't it just amazing how beautiful the area is and as you said, so peaceful. I went to college in Toronto and was always very fond of the city. And Mr. Stirly and I lived in Montreal for 10 months after he first emigrated to Canada so I have an affinity for that city as well although Toronto is by far my favourite. Again, glad you had such a smashing time. inkele:

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

mollyka;1145861 wrote: Thanks Stirls, have to say I found each and every Canadian I met utterly charming, I can fully understand why my daughter wants to stay there. She's coming home the end of the month, but is going on a full frontal assault to get back by the end of the year I tell you - she's quite a determined minx, I wouldn't mess with her if I was in the Canadian Immigration services
              We are quite likeable aren't we, us Canucks.

Best of luck to your daughter in getting the work visa or whatever she needs to be able to stay there. Is her partner still there or does he have to return to Ireland as well? Do you have any contacts who could sponsor them? I'm not really sure how the procedure goes there anymore but I sincerely hope they can manage to get the necessary paperwork to be able to live in Canada if that is what their dream is. Perhaps she could contact the Department of Labour as well for the Province of Ontario and also, a member of Parliament for the Ontario government might be able to give them some insight as to what they need to do or an Immigration lawyer may be able to give them some tips as to the fastest and most effective procedure. Just throwing out some ideas here, as I really don't know what they need to do and what papers they need to be able to live and work there.

Looks like the barracks are empty so I'm outta here. Off to walk the dog and such. Laterz....

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Morning Army

Molly your holiday sounds fabulous, so glad you had a good time Mr P brother lives in Canada, Vancouver, feel a holiday coming on :H
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Good morning,

another busy day here.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Morning Troopers!

Hope everyone is well this Terrific Tuesday!

Growing up I had visions of eloping to Canada and living in the wilderness as a logger or something, after falling in love with the show 'Northern Exposure'. Oh to find my own Maggie

Not made it there yet!

EW
                    If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Hi panno & ew

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Morning Mario, talking of hols whens your next one
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

Hi mollyka welcome back,

Hi stirly,

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

panno hopefully september hopefully

Comment

Army Thread 12th July

mario;1145896 wrote: panno hopefully september hopefully
                              Somewhere nice and hot I imagine

For my sins I'm taking my daughter and her 3 kiddies to Angelsey at the end of this month!! Caravan and tent...I'm praying for sun

Comment

Working...
                              X