struggling in the sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

struggling in the sun

:wave: :dancin: :danthin: Well done Damo!!!
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

struggling in the sun

damo180;1146578 wrote:
      Anyway, must dash, a few teenagers giving me the evil eye and wondering what the hell is "my way out", the new facebook ?
      :H:H:H

You're going great guns, there Damo.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

struggling in the sun

Hello all,

Just to let you know.
        5 days to go in my first summer sober holiday and Im doing it.
        Enjoying myself and NOT drinking.

I had to go back to basics, have been logging on here most days and just re reading the toolbox and your posts.
        I remember Sheri saying the first time for anything, whether its a wedding or a break away etc, it can be tough.
        Well it was uncomfortable at times, but I can honestly say I have had a wonderful time.
        The mornings with no hangover !!! WOW.
        Usually at this stage of my hols, I have had 10 days of hard drinking and am wrecked and very moody. Not this time I am so relaxed and feel as I have had a REAL holiday.
        This has been a real eye opener for me on how you really can live a fulfilling happy life without alcohol.

Couldnt post too much as time can be a problem (JC will explain )

:thanks: again for your support my friends, hope you are all well.

Damo in Majorca

xxx
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

struggling in the sun

Well done damo in majorca, hope to see you soon.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

struggling in the sun

[HTML][QUOTE=damo180;1149700]
            This has been a real eye opener for me on how you really can live a fulfilling happy life without alcohol]

Wow just wanted to say well done damo to you, I have been following this thread, because this will be my next step i have to challage, in september. Love reading that bit above because it is so true...Enjoy the rest of your Holidays with your eyes open.

And :thanks: You for sharing this experiences with us on your hoilday, getting support from mwo but also you dont realize your help us as well by showing it can be done !!!.
            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

struggling in the sun

Awesome job Damo. So glad to see you are making it and enjoying your vacation without alcohol. Thank you for posting your experiences so that others can see you don't need alcohol to enjoy yourself on vacation.
              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

struggling in the sun

Way to go! :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                X