Positive Signs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive Signs

After having done a fair bit of fishing around the Internet I read that your skin is a reflection/indicator of the health of your liver.

I am pleased to say that my face has regained its colour, not so pale now like it was. I even had a boss tell me once to go out and get some sun cause I didn't look well. Now though others have noticed a general look of wellness and a spark in my smile.

I think the positive results that your body enjoys should be advertised more. I'm sure it would help people be more determined if they new all the benefits and what to look for. You always hear the bad stuff about drinking, but not so much the daily improvements when you stop.

I also haven't had a cold/flu of late when everyone else in the office has been sick. Perhaps my immune system is also a little more functional?

It would be interesting to hear benefits others have found in respect to the way their body functions since giving the AL a break.

Positive Signs

I'm able to get up in the morning and be alert without coffee and run 8 to 10 miles where as before 5 to 6 miles would be a real struggle. The midsection pouch is gone too.
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Positive Signs

Morrey, I SO identify with some of the things you said! I've been married longer than most here have lived, and my Hubs has pointed out in the past my bruising, bloating, weight gain, general nasty look. Lately, though I still bruise easily b/c of a med condition, I'm SO much slimmer, have bright eyes, good skin, and have actually been carded when I by AL for cooking!! I told the young clerk there was a fine line between a compliment and an annoyance at my age! :H
      I'm so happy for the good things you're seeing in yourself. AL leaves unmistakable damage to us, as it is poison and we are living creatures. Hope to see more posts from you!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Positive Signs

Thanks Ruby!

I'm not sure whether I can say slimmer yet. Last night I helped eat a whole pack of chocolate biscuits, felt guilty afterwards but hey... I might have a whole new youthful look if I keep this up (pimple explosion on my face, damn).

Comment

Positive Signs

Great thread Morrey,

I've found the improvements to be more gradual than I expected but then I did drink a lot for a loooong time. Coming up to 7 weeks AF now.

The main ones for me are sleep quality, attitude, energy and digestion. My stomach didn't know what to do with anything that didn't come out of a wine bottle and gave me a lot of grief in the years before I stopped. Now I'm off Nexium, antacids, probiotics, slippery elm and all the other stuff I used to take to try and compensate. Sleep just gets better and better and I just feel better in general. Abusing AL is bad for the soul as well as physical health.

Ditto on the weight loss which is disappointing as I've got a lot to lose. I have noticed a bit of a sweet tooth which wasn't there before but it's not out of control. Might have to look into a home liposuction kit from Ebay.

Comment

Working...
          X