Army Thread 13th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 13th July

Dont talk about poo, field next to house full of cows last few weeks, smelly buggers, noisy buggers too at 5am when we leave the windows open, bellowing woke me up a few times.
    My favourite has to be the colony of bats which live it the trees 50 feet from the back of the house. They have been appearing every evening at dusk for a few weeks now and I love to sit outside and watch them fluttering around, feeding on the insects I assume. During the day there are hundreds of swallows and a few nesting under the eves. Amazing little birds.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

mollyka;1146405 wrote: I saw a Moose!!! - oh and a racoon, a snake, and bearpoo
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

Hi ktab how doing you ?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

Grand thanks Mario, just wondering this morning about all the people who have passed through the army in the past couple of years and who for one reason or another, no longer post.

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

KTAB;1146408 wrote: Dont talk about poo, field next to house full of cows last few weeks, smelly buggers, noisy buggers too at 5am when we leave the windows open, bellowing woke me up a few times.
            My favourite has to be the colony of bats which live it the trees 50 feet from the back of the house. They have been appearing every evening at dusk for a few weeks now and I love to sit outside and watch them fluttering around, feeding on the insects I assume. During the day there are hundreds of swallows and a few nesting under the eves. Amazing little birds.
            I love the little country road that I walk Freddie on. I often see a large field turtle, a couple of hoot-owls, although I only ever see them at dusk and sometimes I'm lucky enough to spot a hawk as it glides high on the air currents. Various kinds of small birds of course, and there is a flock of swallows near the end of the road. They're so pretty to watch as they dip and dive trying to catch insects. Oh and one of the places has its own little zoo with three small dear, goats and various fowl and they have three ponies as well.
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

Hi Stirly, french outfit was good, didnt scare me.
              Have to go off and check out 'large field turtle' now.
              There are three buzzards around here as well some days. Quite surprised the smaller birds dont scatter when they are hovering above.

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

Found this, its very cool. Are these the turtles you meant Stirly?

Sea Turtle Protection Society of Greece ARCHELON

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

KTAB;1146414 wrote: Grand thanks Mario, just wondering this morning about all the people who have passed through the army in the past couple of years and who for one reason or another, no longer post.
                  Yep there is quite a few who for one reason or another dont post at all now,its sad but to be expected,people move on or dont think they have anything to say to help anymore,there all posted out.pity really as we could do from there expearences and how there getting on in there livess, ah well.

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

mario;1146421 wrote: Yep there is quite a few who for one reason or another dont post at all now,its sad but to be expected,people move on or dont think they have anything to say to help anymore,there all posted out.pity really as we could do from there expearences and how there getting on in there livess, ah well.
                    Cynical old me assumes the worse for most, but do truly hope I am mistaken. Its a bit sad when people with whom we share important personal parts of our lives just disappear overnight I feel.

Speaking of wildlife did you see the dolphins have been in cork city centre the past few days?

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

So i heard :-)

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

KTAB;1146422 wrote: Cynical old me assumes the worse for most, but do truly hope I am mistaken. Its a bit sad when people with whom we share important personal parts of our lives just disappear overnight I feel.

Speaking of wildlife did you see the dolphins have been in cork city centre the past few days?
                        I agree to ktab, its like a family member just upping & leaving.

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

I am sure they have their reasons.

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

Hi guys.
                            I can only speak from my perspective here.
                            But I have not disappeared or fallen off the wagon, but I refuse to be abused by someone who bears me a grudge. Personal pms and then in public. Doesnt do my sobriety any good at all.
                            Anyway, I havent disappeared, I am still here, just looking after myself
                            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

Good morning Tippers,Reccy,Marioooooooooo,Mollers,Neart,KTabber s,Panno,Expatty,Zeppie,cirly wirly stirly girly and all those yet to drop by.

You'll be fast asleep by now,Drifty, but just wanted to say you're cracking along there AF.:goodjob:

A big yooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo HP Saucy, hun.

:goodjob: on the A+, Zeppie

:cheering::cheering: Neart. Congratulations. :happy:
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 13th July

starting over;1146429 wrote: Hi guys.
                                I can only speak from my perspective here.
                                But I have not disappeared or fallen off the wagon, but I refuse to be abused by someone who bears me a grudge. Personal pms and then in public. Does Not do my sobriety any good at all.
                                Anyway, I haven't disappeared, I am still here, just looking after myself
                                You can always put them people on ignore starts ,just saying. as you are a great asset to us here, well to me anyway.As you well know by posting & interacting with people who know what its like to go through what we all have/are helps us in dealing with life.You cant let one person spoil what for you (i think)has been a positive experience.:l:l all said with the upmost respect to everyone else and you starts & other people who dont post no more.

Comment

Working...
                                X