Circle of Life, Just a bit of rearranging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, I don't want to get banned from this site.

But it occurs to me that many people are not where the want to be right now.

I spoke at length to Pro tonight and he wants desperately to get to Texas from California. I would love to put him up a couple weeks in exchange for some honey do's (Lawn Mowing, garage door fixing) untill he gets on his feet and moves up a little farther north Texas where his family is. I can't afford to get him out to here, but I can help him find a job in his desired field when he gets here. Does any one have transportation coming thru California and can drop him off here? San Antonio, TX.

Does any one else need to make a move that a member could help with?

We have truckers and travellers all over this site, can any one help?

And No, I'm, not worried about strange men coming to stay at my house... Ruby's hubby will thake care of that!!! if not, I'll stick Ruby herself on you!

Tippy, you are a dear girl indeed for posting this.

If we can't find a ride for Bob - how about we all chip in and pay for his busfare? I checked it out. Greyhound Bus from his place to yours is about $180. That's not an amount that can't be handled. If only 9 members managed $20. each, we've got the ticket paid for. I've got a Western Union office five minutes from here and would be happy to make a contribution if there are others who could help out as well.

And bless you for getting this started. I bet he'll have either a ride or bus fare in no time and hopefully a new job soon after he gets there and settled. I see new and brighter things ahead for Pro!!! inkele:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I'm happy to chip in, if you do manage to set this up please let me know
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

stirly-girly;1146510 wrote: Tippy, you are a dear girl indeed for posting this.

If we can't find a ride for Bob - how about we all chip in and pay for his busfare? I checked it out. Greyhound Bus from his place to yours is about $180. That's not an amount that can't be handled. If only 9 members managed $20. each, we've got the ticket paid for. I've got a Western Union office five minutes from here and would be happy to make a contribution if there are others who could help out as well.

And bless you for getting this started. I bet he'll have either a ride or bus fare in no time and hopefully a new job soon after he gets there and settled. I see new and brighter things ahead for Pro!!! inkele:
        Guys,
        Bob really does deserve our help. He helped me a lot when I first came here. He (as well as many others) made me feel like I had friends and he understood what I was going through and for that I am forever grateful. Of course I will help him out - he is may friend.
        Please everyone, we have a friend that could use a hand. Bob would be the first to help us.
        Thank You Tip and Stirly

Comment

Road to Recovery;1146605 wrote: Guys,
          Bob really does deserve our help. He helped me a lot when I first came here. He (as well as many others) made me feel like I had friends and he understood what I was going through and for that I am forever grateful. Of course I will help him out - he is my friend.
          Please everyone, we have a friend that could use a hand. Bob would be the first to help us.
          Thank You Tip and Stirly
          R to R, you're right - Bob would be one of the first to help out any one of us here in any way he could and he does need our help and we should do what we can, any way we can, to help him out. My understanding is that he needs a truck ride to Texas from California or some financial help to get him there by other means. He's not a charity case, he's a member of MWO who has had the bad luck of losing his job due to the financial crisis and the impending job cut-backs, and following that, his home and his family and he needs our support. If anyone can help in any way, please post here or PM Tippy or me. Surely each of us can offer a small amount, whether it be $5 or $10 or $20. Getting to Texas and to Tippy's will mean a new start for him. She's offering him a home til he can get back on his feet and will do the best she can to find him a job. Surely we can get him through this one way or another. Surely we can help him turn his life around. MWO members, your help is needed!!!
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Put me in here, how do I do it.

I know pro from a while back.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I don't get paid till next Friday. But if you still need help by then, I should be able to put 5 to 10 dollars to it.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Put me in but isn't there anyone out there that can take him? Maybe he or we can find him a share a ride for him and his stuff. He needs a new start. Sid

Comment

OMG !!!!! TIPPY what have you done ????

I love you all so much!
                  I am really at a loss for words right now so I'll respond better later.

MUCH LOVE !!!

Bob

Comment

Im in if someone will tell me what I need to do, have known Pro since my very 1st days here...

Chill x
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

I'll help too, just let me know how x
                      AF since 13th July 2010
                      NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Pro

you better be careful, cause I'm making some phone calls to find you a job. Dialing now....

Comment

Pro, Quit Hiding

They want your resume' they are looking for a party chief and also someone to do some CAD inside work.

Comment

I have forwarded your resume' to the survey company that I work with. They seemed very interested in a party chief or someone that can do CAD work.

Comment

What a loving person you are.
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                              X