Day 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 55

Day 55 AF and I feel great. In the beginning I was scared and wasn't 100% sure if I could make this quit stick but I knew that I was 100% committed to this quit and that I wanted to quit. I knew that the first few days would be easy, but the weekends would be tough. The first week or two, I had a cold so I was fighting a cold (a summer cold no less) but I made it though. I know that most wouldn't go out so early in the quit, but I wanted to learn that I can go out and not drink and I didn't want to not do karaoke for a month or two. But on the same side if I didn't have the friends in real life that knew that I quit and has helped me in both paying for my pop and encouraging me to not drink, I wouldn't of gone out. But I made sure that I had a support group in real life and that made it easier. And I achieved my goal. I can now go to karaoke shows (any Karaoke show) and not drink and not even feel the need to drink. Sure I had my tough days (both on weekends and during the week) but I have made it through AF. Now I feel stronger and better and I will not drink today and will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 55

Wow DriftyAlison

So glad you are doing well, and yes you can do the things you did before without alcohol - that's if you still want to of course.

Me I am tone deaf to my own voice, and am not allowed to take part in Karaoke!

Comment

Day 55

:goodjob:Nice to see someone else from Iowa here.
      DriftyAlison0;1147222 wrote: Day 55 AF and I feel great. In the beginning I was scared and wasn't 100% sure if I could make this quit stick but I knew that I was 100% committed to this quit and that I wanted to quit. I knew that the first few days would be easy, but the weekends would be tough. The first week or two, I had a cold so I was fighting a cold (a summer cold no less) but I made it though. I know that most wouldn't go out so early in the quit, but I wanted to learn that I can go out and not drink and I didn't want to not do karaoke for a month or two. But on the same side if I didn't have the friends in real life that knew that I quit and has helped me in both paying for my pop and encouraging me to not drink, I wouldn't of gone out. But I made sure that I had a support group in real life and that made it easier. And I achieved my goal. I can now go to karaoke shows (any Karaoke show) and not drink and not even feel the need to drink. Sure I had my tough days (both on weekends and during the week) but I have made it through AF. Now I feel stronger and better and I will not drink today and will worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Comment

Day 55

Hey Drifty,

I am by Dubuque, and am on day 5 AF, doing pretty well, no cravings....today!

Comment

Day 55

Great to hear from you. Congrats on the five days and I have been to Dubuque a few times.

I am from Cedar Rapids btw.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 55

Great Post Drifty!

What a fantastic way to move forward with your life -- with the support of friends encouraging you to be a better person for yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X