Army Thread 15th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 15th July

Oh its ok I am not prone yet, being a brave boy and hanging in there by my fingertips. Starting to feel queasy though........
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

mollyka;1147466 wrote: Haha - luuuurve men wit di manflu - they are such saaaaaaaaad creatures!

Meeting my Nemesis tomorrow - working with the boss from hell - I hate the expression '......drove me to drink', but if it's possible ---- she did Lunatic woman!! Actually quite looking forward to working with her from my new strong personality - should be interesting
      Can't wait to hear about it, you'll knock her dead.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

JackieClaire;1147455 wrote: Oh noooooooooo, not man flu.

Of course you know there's only one cure for man flu.

Lie on the settee or darkened room. Make sure there is a plentiful supply of chocolate hobknobs brought one at a time by DW until her temper frays and she chucks the whole packet at you. Win, win situation there.

Plenty of coffee brought one cup at a time by DW, but don't push this one hot coffee can cause very nasty burns.

Remembering all the time to scatter tissues around the waste paper bin as you haven't got the strength to actually put them in. Also sighing a lot seems to gather sympathy.

This advice was brought to you by a totally unqualified doctor but fully qualified wife.
        :H:H:H

There speaks years of experience!

News24 seems to still be running Jackie, though it's not brought to me by one of my usual newsreaders.

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

Wow, I go away for one hour to get a mohican haricut for the wedding, and the army sure were busy in my absence!

Wedding is in Wexford, Molly. And you're awfully sweet - charm will get you everywhere with me :l
          Ktab- it's funny, I didn't even think about AL at the wedding - I guess that's a good sign! I only really know the bride, so it won't be an issue. At the last wedding, we brought some AF beer in the car (some places still don't have it, which I think is a joke). Only thing that bothers me about AL at weddings now is that I don't have any of the free wine - my inner student gets annoyed at that!
          JC, with ya on the man flu - it's funny till it gets annoying Hope you're feeling better soon, Ktab!
          Mario, have fun in Athlone - a strange place, I think - been there a few times.

Thought I was going to murder flatmates last night - I live with a couple. They're grand, but they slam the feckin' doors like mad - the doors here are a bit heavy, and they just wander around the apartment slamming them, oblivious to it. I was watching tv yesterday evening on the couch and started dozing to be woken by almighty banging, and I nearly burst into tears with the fright! and it's not just me - they drive my boyf cracked when he's here too - could be the middle of the night. I know it's not much to complain about, I just needed to sound off

ps Molly - yer one sounds certifiable!
          AF since 13th July 2010
          NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

Rightio orff to do something vaguely interesting involving apricot scrub.

bacinabit.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

JackieClaire;1147483 wrote: Rightio orff to do something vaguely interesting involving apricot scrub.

bacinabit.
              Intriguing...
              AF since 13th July 2010
              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

Buy yourself a roll of draft excluder foam and fit it to the inside of the door frames and hey presto noise is hugely reduced because the door is hitting foam.

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

:hallo:
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

Hiya Hannibal :eekmonkey:

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

KTAB;1147500 wrote: Hiya Hannibal :eekmonkey:
                      :H:H:H

Bambi Tartare on the menu tonight.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

And today being Dharma day too :no:

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

KTAB;1147504 wrote: And today being Dharma day too :no:
                          I've decided to give up AL for 90 days to honour that :H:H:H
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

Its long been a tradition to give up things for lent here, be amazed at the amount of barflies that stop for 40 days. I think 90 would be a step too far for most.

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

KTAB;1147510 wrote: Its long been a tradition to give up things for lent here, be amazed at the amount of barflies that stop for 40 days. I think 90 would be a step too far for most.
                              Oh what the hell. In for a penny, in for a pound: I'll give up AL for the next 365 1/4 days
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 15th July

But don't you dare come near my choccie.

Or the bits of Bambi.
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X