Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help...

I havnt been posting for a while, as iv been hiding in a dark hole of depression. I havnt had a drink, thank God, but im really havin a shit day today. Just need some motivation please..

Help...

Rightio Liz,

First of all huge congrats on staying sober, hun. It's hard at the best of times but when you're feeling overwhelmed with depression, it's a night mare.

Just had a wee look back and see you must be 38 days AF now, I'm just wondering out loud if you're having a touch of the what nows. I must admit I had the what nows after 30 and 60 days.

I had to go back to the doctors in August last year, I'd been AF for over a year and thought I couldn't possibly have depression again. But I did, been on anti-depressants since then and have to say they've done me the world of good.

Perhaps you can have a wee word with your GP or practice nurse.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Help...

Hi Mollyka, iv been on and off anti depressants for bout 2 years now, and all the rest. It does help, but im just in a bad place in my head atm. Alot going on emotionaly. Thanks for ur kind words tho. X

Comment

Help...

Hi Liz,

Can you get out of the house for awhile? Go for a walk, or better still, a run. Do you exercise? If so, force yourself off to a gym, pool, ocean, or go for a long walk or jog. Get yourself distracted. Can you go for a trip into town, or out to the country? Watch a movie, a comedy. Do something to change your headspace, and get your mind off your emotions. Do something that will distract your mind for awhile.

Chin up, and great going on your AF time. Keep up the great work You are doing really well, so be gentle on yourself.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Help...

where do you live cos I could use some of what you need?

I have just been to see another doctor to be questioned (again) about why giving up drinking is hard if you don't drink any more

I mean do these people not understand? I am really angry about it

Liz I think I am going to sit in the garden for a bit and then do some exercise see if it helps. I am a boiling pot today and if I don't let it out I will go mental. Physical distraction works well for me

Good luck anyway
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Help...

((((((((((((((((LIZ AND PINGU))))))))))))))))))) Hang in there. Things will get better! And Ping the doctors just don't know fully how its like to quit drinking.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Help...

Hi Liz,

Sorry to hear that you are having a bit of a struggle. During my first year of sobriety, I would, at times, feel overwhelmed and down too. I attribute those feelings to learning to work through the rough spots, rather than reaching for the bottle to temporarily escape. Ups and downs and struggles, are a part of life. We do learn to work through these times. I find that exercise, (even a nice walk) yoga and meditation to be a huge help!

I Hope that You are Feeling Better!
              Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Help...

I think it can be difficult when for so long you've focused on fixing your drinking, then you do it, then it's sort of "Errr what now?".

Sometimes it's good to sit down and look at what you do have in your life, like your health, two arms, two legs, roof over head, clothing and enough food. Lots to be grateful for.

Comment

Help...

Hi Liz,

Just wanted to say sorry you are feeling crap. Just remember that it's a day at a time. Today might be bad, but tomorrow might be better. Hang on and see, hey?

K x
                  Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                  X