Four months today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four months today

Today is four months AL free for me. I remember my first day sober and thinking I know I am done drinking and at that time I still had my alcohol in the house. The next day I had blood work scheduled and after that my nephew came over and I happily gave him the rest of the alcohol I had. I felt free but anxious. I thought wow could I do this, would I make it to Easter, to my birthday in may. It all seemed so far away and I had no idea how I would make it that long. The counting of days got overwhelming and scary for me because I felt like I was counting down to a certain event instead of concentrating on living in the moment. I decided to mark easier events (months) so I wouldnt have to dwell on it. Early on I was scared about obsessing about thinking about not drinking all the time. I just wanted to live normal and not think about drinking at all. But as time goes by I do think about it less and make a point to keep reminding myself how great I feel in the morning, how I feel now that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want because I am not drunk or hungover, how I can finally drive on the freeway, how I am not full of anxiety all the time now. Sometimes I have the scary thoughts about how great it would be to have a drink and at those times I take the time to play thru the reality of what a drink would do to me and how awful I would feel afterward and the thoughts go away.

I just want to tell you that you can do it, day by day, hour by hour, and sometimes minute by minute. The time goes on no matter what your choices are, why not make the choice to be AL free and live free instead of the catch 22 of choosing to drink, feeling like crap, feeling guilty and then repeating the cycle over and over again. I did that for 10 years. Not one of those days was anywhere near as wonderful as my AL free days. I can appreciate life now and I choose to. Much of this battle is making choices and, when you make the right ones and build on that, your foundation will grow stronger everyday.
    Thank you to everyone here for supporting me and I hope you all have a wonderful, happy, sober Sunday!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Four months today

Well done red67, great positive going, delighted for you :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Four months today

Congratulation's Red!

4 month's is a huge accomplishment. Well done and keep it going.

Best wishes on your journey. (watch the treasures unfold before your very eyes)

Greg.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Four months today

Congratulations Red,

I remember day1 for you, you have come so far, well done.

Lets keep going

All the best

Damo
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

Four months today

Awesome job Red!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Four months today

Congratulations Red! Here to another successful month af!:goodjob:
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Four months today

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS RED on 4 MONTHS AF!!!:yougo::yougo:

Very well done. What a great summary of your journey and your thinking, too. Ditto ditto ditto!!! We are not alone (as we thought we were) in the depths of our addiction, nor are we alone in our journey to recovery.

Rock on!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Four months today

A third of a year down! Congratulations!

Comment

Four months today

Thank you all for your support! You all keep me rolling on this journey and it gets better everyday.
                  AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Four months today

4 months awesome!
                    You are 2 days behind me.......
                    Keep strong
                    Corinnex
                    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Four months today

great job Red and great post also
                      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Four months today

A massive well done!!! :wd::wd::wd: awsome,
                        I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Four months today

WAY TO GO RED!!!
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Four months today

You have done wonderful friend, keep it up!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Four months today

Congratulations Red and thank you for sharing your story. I think it's important to let others know that we are no different than they. Anyone can stop if they make that commitment. And the benefits are priceless.
                              AF Since April 20, 2008
                              4 Years!!!
                              :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X