Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Conquoring Worm......( My thoughts )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have spent about 3 years on the MWO site. I have seen success, sorrow and even death. I have found that this place has given me the best support I could of ever gotten. I'm posting here so that anyone that wants to....can air out anything they might want to.......Open up....tell us how you feel about your self...this site , the support your getting here. Basically anything you want to talk about. Tony
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Tony - thank you for this thread.
    I am so grateful that I found this site. I have struggled for years but never really put my all into stopping. I have met some amazing people here. Their support has been remarkable. I am still having good & bad times. But, I have had months AF for the first time in years. Before, I was lucky if I had a day or two. But, I had 3 months AF earlier this year and am currently AF again. I am learning.
    Thank you MWO - all of you are helping me learn to live my life differently. :h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi tony & noraC,

I found mwo by chance,since then it is part of my daily routine to check in, sometimes posting a lot sometimes just lurking.For me it has become the biggest tool i use in my fight against alcoholism,it has certainly worked for me,forever grateful to the people here & roberta jewell.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Tony, I am on day 54 AF and have been a member here for 3 years and found this site by accident. I was hungover and all the other feelings that go with a hangover to long to mention but we all know how they feel.

I have become a daily reader here and sometimes the same as one of my heros here MARIO a lurker. Everyone here has been a healer for me with this hideous disease I am SOBER now and will not change that for anything!

Thank you to Roberta and all the members here!

Comment

Amen to all of you.....Alcoholism is a war that we must fight everyday of our lives. Like a war their are lots of little battles. You don't win them all, but for our outcome to be victorious...we must move ahead and continue to fight. We all fall down every once in awhile.....it's what you do after you fall that makes you who you are ! I say get up and continue to get up for as long as it takes........because staying down will yield you nothing. Take care MWO Friends. Tony
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

This site has saved my life. I had been drinking daily for nine years before I found MWO. I knew I had a serious life threatening problem but I had no clue how to fix it. Between multiple attempts at counseling, AA, medications and tons of reading I couldn't find a way to stop. I found this place last March and no I didn't stop drinking then either but I read the posts here everyday. Finally it clicked in March of this year and I was ready. My last drink was March 17th.

This site and its members are a HUGE part of my sobriety and I can't say thank you enough.
            AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

I don't have enough space, and you don't have enough patience, for everything I could post about what I've found here. 3 years ago, I was on the brink of death; battered, broken, by myself and AL. Lonesome, self-hating, out of contact with my children, I thought death by AL would be welcome. What a difference this time has made. Am I cured? No, somethings cannot be cured. But am I happy more than sad, have I beaten the blackouts, has my life become bigger, better, happier than I could imagine then - YES! Problems in life don't disappear, but there is a chance to look at them, deal with them, and move on from them.
              Thanks, Tone. Love you!!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Using herbals and vitamins : I have found that a combo of herbals, vitamins and amino acids have given me a much needed crutch to begin my AF life. Kudzu: Curbs destructive behavior., L- Glutamine: For energy and rebuilding your metabolism. Milk Thistle: Helps to maintain healthy Liver functions. Evening Primrose Oil: Helps with the sense of well being.....( Which we know we need while coming off the booze. Ha! We can be nasty buggers those first few days.... ) Vitamins: for obvious reasons. Just my thoughts, what are yours? Tony
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Tony - thanks for mentioning this. I used those early on but I had forgotten all about them. Those did have good effective on me. I'm going to start using them again.
                  I have been using Antabuse to help me learn some coping skills. When I know that I can't drink, I have to develop other tools to deal with the stress that sends me running to the bottle. I think adding those herbals/vitamins to the mixture is a great idea. :thanks:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

No words really...maybe...thank you for being here...even if I've just been watching and hiding...reading has kept me alive x
                    ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

It was here at MWO I found out for the first time that I am NOT ALONE with my AL problem!!!! There is strength and wisdom here.

And IAD. THE conquering worm is in my avatar! :H Well, that's what's conquering my garden right now anyway.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks for your words Doggygirl. " Yep'......them worms can cause a lot of problems.....especially the ones that lie on the bottom of a Mescal bottle. Ha! ( A Little tomato Dust should take of the little buggers in your garden.) Tony
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Poking my head in here to say thanks to all the support I've received. Some are kicking it, some are not, some are still here, some are not--sometimes it's the simple friendship that keeps me coming back. And that is the most valuable gift we can give each other imo. Doggy try some diamotaceous earth(sp).
                          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I can never ever thank this site and every one here enough. I am just tapering off and back to day 1 tomorrow. But I have managed quite a few days sober, more than I have ever managed before.

It is such a lonely disease, that is very hard to describe the despare and guilt if you are not a drinker. It helps hugely to know I am not alone, and by checking in daily really keeps me focused. I will beat this animal. It can be so hard to stay focused, but boy it helps being here.

My DH is away on Saturday for a week, so I will be back to a posting frenzy, so I apologise now as I will be here a heck of a lot not to turn his week away into a long binge fest!
                            I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

I feel that believing in a higher power will give us the control we need for our recovery.

Faith/Control

"The surest sign of faith is when we feel a sense of peace and satisfaction,
                              Then we can know we have put the issue in the hands of a power that never fails"

" My peace comes from not from what I can do but from trusting what I can't do "
                              Anonymous

Just a couple of thoughts. Tony
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X