Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because i'm nosey???

Tawny, Tumadre, and Jude,
    My sister is getting my sons a goat and a chicken I think... or maybe it's a chicken and a pig? I told her that I, too, was so sick of a living room full of all the toy crap that they use once or not at all, lose all the pieces, then it's in the trash. What a waste!! I HATE wastefulness. Call me a pack rat, go ahead. I hear it enough... I just think that things can be either donated or recycled somehow rather than just pitching it into a landfill. Hubby disagrees, and LOVES to purge areas of the house. Especially the boys old stuff. Keeps it clean, I suppose, but what a waste. I've stopped arguing about it. I just grab things and put them in goodwill or the like when I can. sigh.

ANYHOW, after my little b*tch session about him... I'm getting hubby his rugby championship poster framed and matted along with the brackets that shows his team going to the final 4. All in 1 frame. Blue and red matting to match the poster, with a brushed silver frame. I don't think it's going to be finished by Christmas, though! I just took it in Thurs. oops.

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

Last year, I gave my mother a donation to women for women international. It's online at womenforwomeninternational.com. It's a charity that supports cottage industries for women in countries like Afganistan and Bosnia, where women find it difficult to get by.

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

My oldest son (19) and I went to the beach a few weeks ago on a really nice breezy warm day and took lots of pictures. He has a real gift with photography, so we went through all the pictures and found the best ones. So I am having two that turned out really good of me enlarged and framed, as well as some of my son. I was hoping to get the other two kids out there as well for some good photos, but they were in school when we went and I've just gotten too busy.

We also have a little tradition of putting gag gifts in each other's stocking -- usually something fun and kinky, so I've gotta come up with something fun for the stocking still... we always stuff each other's right before we exchange them so the kids dont peek at whats in there!

Christmas Eve is really special for us too. We always stay up really late wrapping presents together and stuffing stockings and make the kids go upstairs early. Its always a romantic evening for us, and sometimes he buys me something really special and will give it to me Christmas Eve. Last year he bought me some diamond earrings and I was shocked. He just does NOT buy jewelry. Basically since I sold my business I have to rely on him for all spending money, so I'm having to get creative now with meaningful things rather than "purchased items."
        What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

excellent traditions, Allie!

I forgot to add this... it popped into my mind today. I think I'm going to replace my husband's lost wedding band. Yeah, he lost it.
          I'm going to overstock.com though, cuz I'm not spending a fortune again!

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

Thanks tawny and tumadre....too late for me to do that for Christmas this year but I'm doing it next year. I have a hard time every year finding something for my very rich aunt and uncle...well, next year they are getting a goat....and maybe a pig.
            Awesome! Thanks for sharing that. I'm pretty excited about this!
            Lisa

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

Becca, your patience at losing a wedding band is to be commended. I think I would serve papers if mine lost his.................yes, I am a control freak. So what??
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

yeah, I should just buy him a lollypop ring. That lollypop thing is infiltrating the boards. Thanks a lot cash!! ha ha ha!

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

Hmmm. I am single, so cannot do the spouse thing ... but I am a Gemini. So, I am going to give my other personality an ipod. Pansy II is giving Pansy knitting needles.

Hugs and more hugs,
                  Pansy and Pansy II

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

Becca -- I have a great idea and probably less expensive than even overstock.com. Get him a Diamond ring. I mean a "dime on" ring. All you need is scotch tape and a dime for this dime on ring. Plus, it will be hand made with love. Seriously, I think a new band is a great idea, depending on how he lost it? These ring issues get complicated. I'm secretly hoping for a new one for Christmas. But think it will be more like Valentines..:h
                    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

pansy wrote: Hmmm. I am single, so cannot do the spouse thing ... but I am a Gemini. So, I am going to give my other personality an ipod. Pansy II is giving Pansy knitting needles.

Hugs and more hugs,
                      Pansy and Pansy II
                      Pansy I & II-
                      I think you're both brilliant!! However, my husband is a Gemini, too, but there is NO WAY I'm telling him of your plan. He needs no more excuses to buy himself gifts-he's already way too inventive as it is!
                      Tumadre
                      Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                      Plato

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

Pansy I and II ..... are the knitting needles really essential?

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

Hmmm. Tawnyfrog, do you have other gift ideas for Pansy I? I thought one might need knitting needles to knit, as generally she uses her fingers to write (or type posts). Might she already be in possession of objects that could be appropriated for use in her latest creative endeavors?

Very nice to see you froggy,

The Pansies are sending you hugs and reaching for the sun (winter solstice arrives December 22) ...
                          The Pansies

Comment

Because i'm nosey???

I Like the idea of Allies Dime on Ring.......A 10p on Ring dosnt have quite the same effect...
                            Like the idea though
                            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Working...
                            X