Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread - Friday, 22nd July

Good morning troopers, :hallo:

Happy Friday to you all , except if your name is Mario in which case happy Saturday.

Zenny - hope you're feeling better when you wake up.

Molly - that's awful what happened to your kitchen. Hope it is covered by your insurance.

Tips - that's good news about your car. Pleased for you.

Inchy - ditto what molly said yesterday. You're not a f*ck up at all. I am constantly amazed at how mature and impressive you are for one so young. Please keep posting. On a separate note, I think it is good for the army to have members from all parts of the age spectrum.

Stirly - yes, I've got appointments coming out of my ears - three this week and that partially explains why my posts have been infrequent lately. My stress levels shoot up as a result of, or in anticipation of these appointments and of course I start drinking in order to calm myself down. Never had so much attention in my life though, and it's kind of nice!

Well, it's still nearly dark here, so I can't give you a full weather report, but there aren't any stars about so I reckon it must be cloudy.

Hiya zenny - sorry you are feeling so shite.

As for talking about bad movies - I think I'll pass on that one, thanks! I have great difficulty sitting still for long enough to watch a movie, so it has to be a really absorbing one with a good cast for me to be interested. I do like films with Susan Sarandon in them, though.

Comment

Good morning, Reccie

Zenners: I hope you're in la-la land by now and will wake up feeling better.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning tips

How're you today? I was just thinking, it must be pretty much the middle of winter where you are now. What's the weather like down there?

Comment

Recluse;1151013 wrote: Morning tips

How're you today? I was just thinking, it must be pretty much the middle of winter where you are now. What's the weather like down there?
          You're right Reccie - it is the middle of winter, but one wouldn't say so. It's been unseasonably warm and dry. We haven't had any rain in over two weeks, and none predicted for the next week. Daytime temperatures have been in the region of 18 - 22C. It doesn't bode well for our fruit export industry, though. The trees think it's spring and blossom earlier. Any cold snap thereafter makes the blossoms drop resulting in smaller crops (and smaller fruit only suitable for the local market).

Expect to see less South African produce in Friggintesco & M&S.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Blimey, 18-22C is about what we're getting here and it's the middle of our summer.

Comment

Recluse;1151020 wrote: Blimey, 18-22C is about what we're getting here and it's the middle of our summer.
              The mornings are rather cold - around 6C.

And you live in a miserable country, weather-wise. :new:
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Recluse;1151020 wrote: Blimey, 18-22C is about what we're getting here and it's the middle of our summer.
                Morning Reccie, Zen, Tips and everyone else to come
                Yeppers Rec-that's about all we are getting too. I actually wore a coat to work yesterday.Seems more like November-we are not getting out of the teens and it's grey and drizzle. Oh well.
                I work all day-and then the weekend-freedom! Don't know what we are doing yet. Definitely something inside though. Maybe the aquarium in Paris. We have never been and it's supposed to be pretty cool.
                Hope everybody has a happy positive Friday-xxx

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1151025 wrote: And you live in a miserable country, weather-wise. :new:
                  Don't I bloody know it! :H:H:H

Morning expatty.

Comment

Morning, Expattie

We have a birthday brunch to go to tomorrow. Will also try to see the Harry Potter movie - the cubs have been nagging endlessly, telling us that all their mates have been already.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning happy people.recluse,mr tips,expat & zens.

Have work today.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks mollyka lol

Comment

Have to leg it, laters.

Keep good & strong recluse :-)

Comment

Morning Army

I got that luuuuuvley Friday feeling !!

Zen hope your getting a good nights kip and you wake feeling better :l

Never seen a Harry Potter movie and no plans to either

Big hugs Reccie, and your doing great keeping up with the appointments :l

Molly be careful out there......don't want to be reading about ya in the news :H
                            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1151025 wrote: The mornings are rather cold - around 6C.

And you live in a miserable country, weather-wise. :new:
                              On a positive note it does make our holidays more enjoyable
                              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Working...
                              X