Mirror confession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror confession

I have been drunk every day for the last 27 days. I keep saying to myself, I can't do it anymore... but I dont stop. I have poured all the booze in my flat down the drain tonight and have been staring at myself in the bathroom mirror for the last hour. I do not like what I see. I know I have hit a cross road, and while I was staring at my discusting self it occured to me that I was afraid to get sober. I am terrified, and that is the door I have been so afraid to go thru. I am afraid to get sober!!!!!! Is that it? Have I finally hit the goal post? Is that my bottom?

Hi my name is Tim and I am an alcoholic! There I said it....I will be back tomorrow....
    "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Mirror confession

Hey Tim!! :l I think many of us are afraid to get sober. That is what we know. But the truth is - it's not that bad being sober. I'm still learning but I'm having more good days than bad.
    Congratulations on pouring it all out! That is great!!
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mirror confession

well brother from another mother .. you might be on the right track there .. and now its time to face the truth and make all the changes you can for yourself .. i believe you can and will do anything you set your mind too .. and im here for ya anytime you need a friend
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Mirror confession

CMH, you and I have been around here for a long time. I'm not so happy with myself lately either. Let's help each other out. Stay in touch!

Comment

Mirror confession

Hi Tim.
          I know what you mean about that fear to get sober. I was terrified too and thats what held me in the cycle for so many years. But seriously, what is worse? The continual disgust, fear and anxiety that accompanies this horrible addiction or a life where at least we have some degree of control?
          Totally get your feelings, but being sober is definitely so much better than the alternative
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Mirror confession

Being sober is one of the hardest fears for a recovering addict to overcome. A person who had an addiction for so long may not know what life is like outside of being drunk on a daily basis. A person may fear the dramatic change, of being sober. Becoming clean is a true commitment; one must change and make a new lifestyle. To many this is unimaginable, and any addict or recovering addict may fear what they cannot imagine.Overcoming the fear of being sober takes a lot of time, patience, and practice. Being sober will bring about new and positive ways of living life; they will realize that there is no need to fear sobriety.A recovering addict may have been used to having fun by getting drunk with their friends. Once the addict is sober, they must get away from people that still drink or use. A person may have worries that they will not be able to have fun anymore. If a person can realize that having fun by a means of alcohol only dulls the senses and create dangerous situations, then they can overcome it.Goodluck tim you can do this as many of us here have.keep posting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mirror confession

Hi -- after the fall comes the rise. Good for you pouring it out. This may be the last thing you are thinking about right now. But I would like to suggest you put a lot of effort into your diet as well as supplements and mind work. Sugar is such and depressant, yet a lot of folks substitute it for alcohol(another depressant). Food for thought. All the best to you.
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Mirror confession

Welcome Tim. I'm pretty new myself. Let's support each other through this. Great first step in pouring the booze down the drain. How are you feeling today?

Comment

Mirror confession

Hi Tim...how are you doing? Stay close x
                  ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Mirror confession

Thanks all for the encouragement. I rode my bike for exercise on lunch hour and have drank a ton of water today! Loaded up on L-Glut and I am about to eat dinner to get my belly full of food. Hope to hit chat latet.

Guy
                    Day 1 AF!!!!
                    "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Mirror confession

Good for you!! I'm happy to see you jump on the wagon. There certainly can be fear with change. But it will be change for the better, you'll see. It's worth it.
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Mirror confession

Hi Tim - same here - Day One for me too - I too tipped my wine down the sink - feeling pretty scared too of life without booze but more scared of the cycle of life with booze and the repeated day ones.

Comment

Mirror confession

Hi Tim and Mum,

Great job both of you! It was only a couple of months ago that I had my first AF day, followed by about ten AF days. Then I backslid and got sucked into the hangover after hangover and got stuck. Then suddenly I had a day where I was able to white knuckle it and stay AF. And then I was back on track AF. Beware the backslide!

Having those days in a row taught me I could actually get through a day without even one drink, something I previously thought impossible.

Suddenly you'll find yourselves walking taller, feeling "normal" and depression lifting. Your faces will look younger, you'll have more energy, you'll be less defensive. I bet you can't wait!! :l

Comment

Mirror confession

As I told you .... I will always be there for you.
                            Friends forever!!!

Comment

Mirror confession

Time! SO very good to see you - I was thinking of you the other day.

Cmhguy3... about your AF day 1.... "COOL BEANS!"
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X