AA and cigarette smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA and cigarette smoke

I went to an AA meeting in my town and just can't go back because I have an allergy and can't be around smoke. It just doesn't make any since to me why anyone would trade one disease for another. If I had my choice, I would rather drink than smoke. My parents died from smoking . What do you think about having smoke free AA meetings ? :thanks:

AA and cigarette smoke

There are several reasons why AA would never work for me, but I certainly could not tolerate cigarette smoking. My dad died from lung cancer and smoking is abhorrent to me. Plus it makes my eyes tear just like I'm all out sobbing. Couldn't do it. Do they have smoke free meetings?

Comment

AA and cigarette smoke

spider, where are you located? I'm in the US and I've never been to a meeting where you COULD smoke. (except outdoor events)

I know before smoking was banned in public buildings here, it was an issue of contention for some members. Have you called the main AA number in your area to ask if there are smoke free meetings? Or ask someone you met at a meeting?

I hope you find something that will work for you!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AA and cigarette smoke

Yeah which country are you in Spider? You can't smoke at any of the meetings here in the UK - they're mainly held in church halls and community centres, where even I wouldn't dare have a crafty ciggie. (yes hardened smoker here, but at least I don't drink )

If you really can't find a smoke-free meeting, there are online meetings if you google. Not quite the same, but better than nothing. or if you know someone in AA, maybe ask them to set a new smoke-free meeting up. New meetins can start all the time - in London, we have meetings for LGBT, agnostics, the hard of hearing, child-friendly meetings - all sorts of groups to suit all sorts of people.

K x
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
        X