Another Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Loss

Lest we forget, the news reminds us no one is immune to AL's devilment. An Olympic Silver Medalist, dead from suicide at 29 after a DUI arrest. There's more to the story, unfortunately. His little sister was killed by a drunken driver years ago, and after a drinking history, he'd re-invented himself as a non drinker.

Police: Freestyle Olympic skier kills self in Utah - Welcome to Charter.net

Even the young star of the wildly popular 'Harry Potter' series has admitted he has an AL problem, and has quit drinking, in his early 20's. I SO hope this holds up for him. So wherever you are in your life, economics, we can't use it as an excuse for our problem.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Another Loss

Ruby...I saw this too...it is so tragic and such a young, talented man.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Another Loss

How very sad.

Comment

Another Loss

How sad
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Another Loss

It is sad. I heard about his death but I didn't know alcohol was related. Wow...it proves that even Olympians aren't immune.

But Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is making me proud. First of all, his coming out publicly about it raises awareness. Second of all, as young as he is he's admitting he has a problem. I'm 26 now; when I was his age I knew deep inside I knew I wasn't like other drinkers, but I denied the problem because I figured, hey, I'm 20. It's what 20 year olds do. 20 year olds can't be alcoholics.

Hopefully his admission will inspire people his age to really look at their drinking habits.
          Tomorrow's another day.

Comment

Another Loss

Thank you for sharing!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Working...
            X