Don't want to wake up like this anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you checked it out TWO! Good stuff!
    "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Yeah, I have MWO, AA and Smart Recovery tools/meetings now. And of course myself and God. Day 2 here....

Comment

Stick with it TWO....sounds like you are strong and ready

x
        ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Damn - Day 4 and I blew it already! Monster inside took over by surprise attack - was like an out of body experience - Its like I watched myself go get beer and bring it home - trance like - very strange. Monster is happy, I drank all the beer and got sick. And I was just starting to feel good and good about myself again. OK, enough of that, back to Day 1 and start over. I refuse to stop trying!

Comment

Tomorrow Day 2! Woo Hoo!

Comment

ThisWayOut;1156849 wrote: Damn - Day 4 and I blew it already! Monster inside took over by surprise attack - was like an out of body experience - Its like I watched myself go get beer and bring it home - trance like - very strange. Monster is happy, I drank all the beer and got sick. And I was just starting to feel good and good about myself again. OK, enough of that, back to Day 1 and start over. I refuse to stop trying!
              Bravo! Don't ever stop trying. You made it 4 days and that's pretty damn good if you've been drinking every day before. Are you taking supplements? L-glutamine helped me so much. I highly recommend it.

Comment

TWO, my friend. You are torturing yourself with continuously repeating day ONE! You know what you need to do to get back on track. Remember how great you felt with 2 and 3 months of sobriety!

The critical step to keep the demon at bay is to nip him in the bud! Do not allow yourself to dwell on drinking, nor thoughts of beging deprived. Instead stay active, go to those online meetings every day, and more than once a day if you need to.

You Can Do This and feel better and truly start to LIVE Again!

XXX Kate
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Thanks Kate. Doing AA and Smart Recovery Meetings also. This Smart Recovery program is really good. We did a group "CBA" (Cost-Benefit-Analysis) for addiction on a voice moderated session with 12 people - 90 mins. Brilliant method. First time doing this. After putting it down on paper it was a real eye opener and really highlighted in a very concrete way - why I want to quit drinking. Very motivational. I will review and update my CBA every few days at first, then probably review once a week after. Anyway, the process continues in positive direction. TWO

Comment

This is great TWO--I really believe that is the first step--determining why you want to quit and visualizing the life you really want. You are doing it! xo
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

ThisWayOut;1157298 wrote: Thanks Kate. Doing AA and Smart Recovery Meetings also. This Smart Recovery program is really good. We did a group "CBA" (Cost-Benefit-Analysis) for addiction on a voice moderated session with 12 people - 90 mins. Brilliant method. First time doing this. After putting it down on paper it was a real eye opener and really highlighted in a very concrete way - why I want to quit drinking. Very motivational. I will review and update my CBA every few days at first, then probably review once a week after. Anyway, the process continues in positive direction. TWO
                      TWO, this is GREAT! I can "hear" the excitement and renewed comittment in your "voice"!
                      It makes sense that we must replace the old thinking with new thinking and old activities with new activities, if we are to succeed in truly changing our lives. You are on your way!!

XX Kate
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

KateH1;1157204 wrote: TWO, my friend. You are torturing yourself with continuously repeating day ONE! You know what you need to do to get back on track. Remember how great you felt with 2 and 3 months of sobriety!

The critical step to keep the demon at bay is to nip him in the bud! Do not allow yourself to dwell on drinking, nor thoughts of beging deprived. Instead stay active, go to those online meetings every day, and more than once a day if you need to.

You Can Do This and feel better and truly start to LIVE Again!

XXX Kate
                        Kate,

You have known me a long time and know I have done day 1 over and over again ad nauseum.

In my case, it isn't always the dwelling on drinking but the "you have p@ssed me off and I am going to get back at you by doing as I d@mn well please!!" that has caused much of my drinking.

I, too, can do this and feel better and truly start to Live Again!!

Love you, woman,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Drank tonight, back to Day 1. But not giving up! I have some new strategies I am working out.

Comment

Hope you're kicking it TWO!
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Oh, I am! Working Hard Now.

Comment

Cinders;1157493 wrote: "you have p@ssed me off and I am going to get back at you by doing as I d@mn well please!!" that has caused much of my drinking.
                                So true, as if there is some connection there - used to get me every time!
                                Great way of putting it.
                                AF 20 April 2011
                                NF 12 December 2009
                                Fresh Fruit for Sobriety

Comment

Working...
                                X