Underoos and Guests in August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubywillow;1162036 wrote: My pygmy goat is lonely, so I'm gonna start tomorrow looking for a buddy for her. Do you guys have fainting goats? That's what Hubs wants. (Think that's the evil in him, though).

http://youtu.be/njpyiyouhLc[/video]]Fainting Goats (Jump Then Fall) - YouTube
    Geez Ruby, must ask one of my mates, she has a coupla herd of goats and I've never heard of this...wonder if its only when they're under stress that they keel over...

Comment

Hi Mr G! Enjoy your time off!

Comment

Guitarista;1162075 wrote: Morning all,

Hi Rags! Safe travel's. What brand of sleeping bag do youse use, and what's the colour scheme?

Have a beaut day everyone!

Hi Mr G.
        The slinky purple one looks a bit like a portable bordello. I got it for Mr Rags. It?s a DUANE winter weight. Pure bliss.
        The red one is a summer weight I got in England. It?s a SNUGPAK. I used one when I was hiking round Scotland so bought one to bring home. Great summer/ autumn bag.
        The green one is an el cheapo Mountain Designs summer weight.
        We used to have Mont and Macpac bags. They were great. Gave them away as they were getting a bit old.
        Haven?t got round to getting myself a replacement winter bag. I just put the green lightweight inside the snugpak.
        Hmmmm? maybe I could hit Mr Rags for one. Or I could get a U beaut Macpac one when I?m in NZ in Sept. ?cept the colour range is crap.

And a gel has to look good in her sleeping gear, don?t you agree Mr G?
        Now, the magnificent multi coloured silk inner I got in NZ a long long time ago. Ususal story. I shoulda got two of em. This one if on its last legs. Wonder if Missy knows if you can still get them.

Comment

myhappyplace;1162076 wrote: Geez Ruby, must ask one of my mates, she has a coupla herd of goats and I've never heard of this...wonder if its only when they're under stress that they keel over...
          Well, I certainly wouldn't be eating them in case I got bloody dropsy!

I've never seen or heard of that till I saw it now.

Comment

Rags;1162053 wrote:
            TAWNY:
            They are on tank water etc. I said do not make beds up as it is so annoying having to wash sheets after only one use. We will bring sleeping bags. She almost leapt down the phone and hugged me.
            I would have hugged you AND invited you back! Although we were flooded in January, we've had no significant winter rain, so I'm watching water already. That last lot of visitors cost me a totally unnecessary wash of top & bottom sheet and four pillow cases. The woman assured me that the sheets were still alright because "we didn't do anything". GACK and TMI!

Sorry for all the folks whose heels are being nipped by the black dog. I never know what to say because everything I come up with seems trite.

Comment

Rags;1162083 wrote:

And a gel has to look good in her sleeping gear, don?t you agree Mr G?
              Now, the magnificent multi coloured silk inner I got in NZ a long long time ago. Ususal story. I shoulda got two of em. This one if on its last legs. Wonder if Missy knows if you can still get them.
              You do indeed Rags!!

And I'm pretty sure you can still get silk inners, although not sure about multi coloured ones. I had one when I went to the Himalayas, but I was still cold. (thats a euphemism for f%^$*@g freezing!) We can do a trawl of all the outdoors shops while you are here as they are all very close to each other in Wellington .... and actually you might just time it right for all the end-of-winter sales!
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Rags;1162085 wrote: Well, I certainly wouldn't be eating them in case I got bloody dropsy!

I've never seen or heard of that till I saw it now.
                Just had coffee with said goat herd girlfriend and she reckons is caused by some sort of bacteria....apparently goats have lots of issues with bacteria....she has offered me a whether if we ever get land...

Comment

tawnyfrog;1162092 wrote: I would have hugged you AND invited you back! Although we were flooded in January, we've had no significant winter rain, so I'm watching water already. That last lot of visitors cost me a totally unnecessary wash of top & bottom sheet and four pillow cases. The woman assured me that the sheets were still alright because "we didn't do anything". GACK and TMI!

Sorry for all the folks whose heels are being nipped by the black dog. I never know what to say because everything I come up with seems trite.
                  Gack and double Gack! did they not do anything because of her allergies? Didnt know you were flooded Froglet? not your house?

Comment

okay undies, I'm off for the weekend! weather looks like crap so I doubt whether I'll be coming into work to pop into the drawer. Have a good one all sundries and I shall be back bright and early on Monday morning!
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Bye Missy, have a great weekend! waving...

Comment

myhappyplace;1162014 wrote: Sunny what is in soy vegetarian Kun Pao Chicken may I ask? Cannot wait to eat out with you! Kun Pao always makes me think of Seinfeld.
                        Kung Pao Chicken is a classic dish in Sichuan Cuisine, originating in the Sichuan Province of central-western China. Allegedly, the dish is named after Ding Baozhen (1820?1886), a late Qing Dynasty official. Born in Guizhou, Ding served as head of Shandong province and later as governor of Sichuan province. His title was Gōng Bǎo (宮保), or palatial guardian.[1] The name "Kung Pao" chicken is derived from this title.
                        During the Cultural Revolution the dish was labeled as politically incorrect because of its association with Ding Baozhen. The dish was renamed "fast-fried chicken cubes" (hong bao ji ding) or "chicken cubes with seared chiles" (hu la ji ding) until its political rehabilitation in the 1980s.[2]
                        The dish exists in both traditional Sichuan and Westernized versions; the latter is more popular in the United States and Canada.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

... yeah, I knew that ...

Comment

Mmm I've had Kung Pao Chook before, but just wondered how you get a vege version?

Comment

It is a protein made from soy, semi textured like chicken. I think it's mainly for people that used to be meat eaters but have converted. Hubs was raised vegetarian, so he is not as big of a fan of they soy meats. Though he does like the Sanitarium rashers and Veggie Roast.

Missy have a lovely weekend.
                              HP, what are you up to today?

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Having a semi opt out day, but have been working on projects on the laptop - at least its warm upstairs...

This is going to sound rooly rooly weird. I am having a huge anxiety attack over the locusts formal tonight! I'm not even going!! Where the hell does that come from....feel like I'm fifteen again - and shit thats when I started drinking...think I will stop having coffee and try to calm down...

Throw me some Ben and Jerry's Sunny please???

Comment

Working...
                                X