Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Guests in August

tawnyfrog;1164047 wrote: Morning all,

Puts hand up for two days of major tearage brought about by hearing of an unbelievably obscene act of animal cruelty, the details of which I'll spare you. Every time I thought about it the floodgates opened again. Not only was I in shock about what a human being/s was capable of doing to an animal, I was also in shock at how ugly and dark my thoughts turned towards the perpetrator/s.
    Jesus. I don't even want to think about it.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Juja;1164131 wrote:
      To all those who are aghast, horrified, and retching about the atrocities evil people perpetrate on the helpless, I agree completely. I can't read, watch or listen to stories of their "pleasures." I find the stories stick in my brain for days-- they go round and round in my head as I think about what the victims endured, and I feel haunted. I don't like violence, but for some guttersnipes, I could definitely throw the switch. As difficult as it would be, I would feel like I was saving someone from future cruely.

Yep. I'm increasingly afraid that I could throw that particular switch too Juja.

Right ladies, we've got to throw off this fug.
      Give me one beautiful thing you've seen, done or experienced today.

Here's mine......

I was shopping at the 'big two' cliche` today and I saw this dear little old lady with a zimmer frame, very wasted and tiny, lucky to be 4 foot something. In my current frame of mind I had an immediate impending sense of doom, so I just dawdled along behind her keeping an eye.

Do you know what ?
      Every time that woman reached for a high item, a kindly soul would jump in and pass it down for her. Several folk throughout the supermarket helped her read labels. Another woman helped her load her groceries onto the checkout. I lifted them into her trolley and walked her out. A taxi turned up and the young driver loaded the groceries into the boot, and promised that he'd carry them in at the other end.

I really needed to see this today
      , y'know ?
      There is still more good than bad out there guys.
      There is.
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

So true Bridgey. I think that every day. That if we keep doing what we are doing the good will outweigh the bad. Has too.

Comment

Rags;1164106 wrote: Probably. It receiveds internet waves from a box thing that you plug in somewhere so you can use a computer anywhere in the house.
          Otherwise known as a fusking wireless router.

Buy one. Today. But importantly: pay someone to install it for you.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

You look very nice today, Tippy. I like your shirt.

Comment

Rags;1164106 wrote: Probably. It receiveds internet waves from a box thing that you plug in somewhere so you can use a computer anywhere in the house.
              Mobile broadband via a USB modem. Ram 'er into your laptop and away you go. Take it in your car on the road.
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Your hair looks very nice today, Bridge.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1164166 wrote: You look very nice today, Tippy. I like your shirt.
                  Liar
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1164161 wrote: Yep. I'm increasingly afraid that I could throw that particular switch too Juja.

Right ladies, we've got to throw off this fug.
                    Give me one beautiful thing you've seen, done or experienced today.

Here's mine......

I was shopping at the 'big two' cliche` today and I saw this dear little old lady with a zimmer frame, very wasted and tiny, lucky to be 4 foot something. In my current frame of mind I had an immediate impending sense of doom, so I just dawdled along behind her keeping an eye.

Do you know what ?
                    Every time that woman reached for a high item, a kindly soul would jump in and pass it down for her. Several folk throughout the supermarket helped her read labels. Another woman helped her load her groceries onto the checkout. I lifted them into her trolley and walked her out. A taxi turned up and the young driver loaded the groceries into the boot, and promised that he'd carry them in at the other end.

I really needed to see this today
                    , y'know ?
                    There is still more good than bad out there guys.
                    There is.
                    What a wonderful story. Thanks Bridgeepoo.

I love this thread, always makes me smile or thoughtful
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

tawnyfrog;1164169 wrote: Your hair looks very nice today, Bridge.
                      I know.
                      Isn't it weird how my roots are naturally a different colour to the rest ?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

startingover;1164176 wrote: What a wonderful story. Thanks Bridgeepoo.

I love this thread, always makes me smile or thoughtful
                        How are you Starts ?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Pretty good considering thanks Bridge.
                          Life is definitely taking some twists and turns but thankfully I am rolling along with them nicely. Well mostly, sometimes I do get very pissed off
                          And you?

Comment

Hiya Starty ... that colour looks nice on you!!!

Is your sitch fixable or are you at a crossroad and taking a different path? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business ...

Comment

Thank you Tawny. 1000 wash grey is my fave colour.

No not fixable I dont think. Too much has happened and trust is gone. BUT I do believe that everything happens for a reason and this is just another twist in the weird ole game called life

Comment

I hear you, Starty. Once trust is gone - it's fusked.

Comment

Working...
                                X