Underoos and Guests in August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remembered when I saw this that we are keeping our eyes out for random acts of kindness to tide us over until spring hits!!

I liked this one:

Grandma's text tracks down samaritan - national | Stuff.co.nz
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi Mr G, Tawny, HP and Miss B
      Geoffrey's music comes straight from the soul, how very beautiful. You just know that he is a beautiful and talented human being. It lifts your soul to hear his pure voice. Love and Sunshine Kaza x
      Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

tawnyfrog;1167864 wrote: MrG - thanks for the heads up. I checked and Gurrumul is on at The Palais on September 7, also playing major cap cities. For any Undies who don't know this man - have a listen. Kind of suits my mood at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-YMpYbRqY[/video]]Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu - Wiyathul - YouTube
        Have listened to this several times tonight - it is really beautiful. But on the last time through, as I was waiting for the kettle to boil, I watched as well as listened. Is he left-handed?

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Looks like it Missy...

Had a weird afternoon. Stopped to talk to another mum in the carpark at pickup - sorry its my social circle - and in the course of that the two older locusts were mean to the little one. So halfway up the road as the story unfolded I said, right get out of the car and find your own way home. Went around the block and proceeded to try to pick up, and see older one on his own having discussion with car with open door. FUSK!!! hit brakes honk horn. Turns out was an elderly lady asking for directions. Went back and forth for another half an hour and having to pick up the locust who ran ahead and convoy her to where she was going. I am discovering the beauty of slowing down and realising the value of the everyday. Weird thing was the circle of events if you know what I mean?

Know I am crapping on but it beats telly at the mo.

Comment

Sorrry Happy, cross posted - this was in response to Missy

He plays guitar left handed and you know, ... I really don't give a fat rats' about the lyrics. It's the music that absolutely moves me. Sort of like listening to a great operatic aria or duet, I really really don't need to read the libretto. It's the music that makes me cry or send goosebumps right up to my hair.

And Yeppers ... the beauty of slowing down ... the utter clarity.

Comment

X-posting gels!!

Happy - you are such a good mother!! Your boys are full of caring for old ladies and small things. Except maybe their littlest brother!! However (and I speak from having grown up in a family of 4 boys and 3 girls) that's sort of what families are about. Good that you set boundaries for their behaviour and good that they have to work out stuff themselves. My brothers and I still fight about the same stuff we fought about when we were small. :H:H

And TF - I found the music very compelling. Are you going to see him???

I cant remember whether I said, but Mr B won a weekends accommodation at Batemans Bay when he was at a fundraiser in Canberra a couple of weeks ago. We have no idea of where it is (apart from what we have gathered from Google!) but keen to have a bit of a wee trip across the Tasman before the end of the year. Are there any music venues near there that we could look up to see what we might combine it with?? Or any other local atractions that we should be planning on visiting??

(Rugby) World Cup fever is hitting Wellington. There are some good aspects (lots of local amenities are being cleaned up!!) but we have flags flying all over the show and airfares and hotel prices have sky-rocketed which is a bit of a nuisance when travel is not World Cup related!! I'm very pleased that we have arranged to be on holiday up north during the week of the one big match in Wellington!! (NZ vs Wales - sold out - any Welsh MWO people?? )

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hello Ms B
                I'm Welsh. A coalminer's daughter actually. Kaza x
                Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFFo1pu4q7Q[/video]]Eva Cassidy-Songbird - YouTube

Here's a nice tune for youse........The beautiful Eva Cassidy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1167991 wrote:
                    Here's a nice tune for youse........The beautiful Eva Cassidy.
                    Yup. She's a pisser! Bloody shame.

Comment

Working with Geoff Gurrumul on his fashion sense as we speak. In Broken hill at the mo via satellite, but i gotta say, Geoff is looking a lot better in the cut off sleeve denim jacket look i've suggested. He's talkin' 'chaps' for yer pantage, but i'm doing my best to sway him toward yer stovepipe pant.He says he's looking forward to the melbourne gig.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi-de-hi all.
                        How are we all this fine evening?
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

tawnyfrog;1167992 wrote: Yup. She's a pisser! Bloody shame.
                          She left us far too early. But you know, for me, it's always a reminder to enjoy and make the best of this day right here, right now, and to celebrate everyone we've ever known, do know, and will know. :h

Comment

Hiya Bridge! Am i excited to see you? Yep. (alright, alright. Yes i know i'm a dag.)

All good here. How are you going?

Comment

Guitarista;1167994 wrote: Working with Geoff Gurrumul on his fashion sense as we speak.
                              Have you been approached to advise Scrawnie on his forthcoming nuptials to Lizzie?

Comment

Guitarista;1167997 wrote: Hiya Bridge! Am i excited to see you? Yep. (alright, alright. Yes i know i'm a dag.)

All good here. How are you going?
                                Ya big dag. Not too bad Mr G. Challenging day in ways I could never have predicted...but that's life..
                                Haven't read back I fear.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X