Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos and Guests in August

Morning Sunnygirl, RC!

Sunny just had her hairdone RC..you probably weren't talking just about her eh??

How are you?

Comment

RC - sometimes its just references to local events and news. Happy Feet is an Emperor penguin, who managed to get lost in the Southern Ocean and ended up on a NZ beach not too far away from where I live. He has been cared at at Wellington Zoo for the past month as there is no transport to the Antarctic at this time of year!! However a boat is heading south tomorrow and he is being transported to the Cambell Islands to be re-released. Anyway, he has been a bit of a local media sensation, particularly with Rugby World Cup fever building up (the theory being that some penguins will do to get to the rugby :H)

Lovely things happened today ........ after the snow last week, my irises started blooming, and since then the weather has been really sunny. Today I woke up and there were eight in flower. I cut them and had my brother take them down to my mother. She has put them on "her table" in the Rest Home dining room, where they are apparently receiving much attention. She hasn't been at all well, and I think it is because she doesn't cope well with winter, but she is quite a lot better today - think it is a combination of seeing my brother, a beautiful sunny windless day today,and spring flowers.
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Such a treat going to the hairdresser Sunny.
        I throb irises big time Missy.
        Arrived at the markets nice and early. Procured some borage to attract my polllinators, tomato and capsicum seedlings, beetroot for the old liver (I eat it by the bucket load these days)
        AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a beautiful 3 year old Eureka lemon which will have to live in a pot for a bit until I go home....not leaving this one behind ....how good does the foliage smell when you crush it ????YUM.
        Curry made for tonight with lovely market veg...fresh pink lady apples for lunch organic pumpkin which I have harvested seed from.....pretty productive day so far......

Now what are we doing this arvi ?:H
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Happy Penguins I have an idea of...down under lingo, I have an idea of....it still baffles most of us.
          I'm going hori---as you might say. Tuckage anyone?
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1169379 wrote: Such a treat going to the hairdresser Sunny.
            Arrived at the markets nice and early. Procured some borage to attract my polllinators, tomato and capsicum seedlings, beetroot for the old liver (I eat it by the bucket load these days)
            AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>a beautiful 3 year old Eureka lemon which will have to live in a pot for a bit until I go home....not leaving this one behind ....how good does the foliage smell when you crush it ????YUM.
            Curry made for tonight with lovely market veg...fresh pink lady apples for lunch organic pumpkin which I have harvested seed from.....pretty productive day so far......

Borage I understand.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Milk thistle, borage and capsicum --- stellar!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

X post somewhat Bridge the lovely ....I mean no harm...really! You are an amazing person!

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RingingCedars;1169382 wrote: Borage I understand.
                  Excellent !
                  Now do you require an interpreter service for the rest of the thread ? :H:H:H
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

RingingCedars;1169384 wrote: X post somewhat Bridge the lovely ....I mean no harm...really! You are an amazing person!
                    Oh Dog, I know that ! What time are you there RC ? Got the insomnias have you ?
                    We've had a shocking week of that here. One night half the thread was up chattering at silly-o-clock :H
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Tis only 11:30 pm.. silly o clock for some....bed time for me...enjoy your day....make good waves as you are first.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1169379 wrote: Such a treat going to the hairdresser Sunny.

What a lovely day Bridgey! it is pissing buckets here so all my sightseeing plans have been put in a holding pattern. Time to invest in Photobucketty stuff though.

Irises are gorgeous Missy. What with flowering pear trees and the like it seems Spring really will be here soon, although you wouldnt think so with todays weather..

Comment

Weather can't decide what it's doing here.
                          Commitment-phobic weather.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Had a fantastic morning - sharp blades and a full tank will do it for me every time. I really like mowing.

Comment

Wow ! Been a bit busy eh ?
                              What are those underplantings in the first shot under the tree...flowers look black
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1169399 wrote: Wow ! Been a bit busy eh ?
                                What are those underplantings in the first shot under the tree...flowers look black
                                They're metal aren't they Tawns? Bring me some of that weather please??? Everything dim and misty here.

Comment

Working...
                                X