The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]come one come all OK ! Let's get our asses in Gear !
    It's july.....are we ready to blast it the right WAY
    The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!
    so please come here ask for help ,vent ,scream and yell here before you pick up the drink ..
    i want everyone who comes into this thread know that.. here we don't judge and i would like to say this to any lurker's out there ....come in all are welcome
    WE ARE HERE FOR THE SAME REASON .. TO LEARN HOW TO LIVE WITHOUT ""ALCOHOL""... AND THAT MEANS TO TALK ABOUT WHAT WE ARE GOING THUR ,IN LIFE AND SOMETIMES WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT THE PAST.. BUT TO LOOK AT IT AND LEARN FROM IT
    so just do your best and handle what life give you sober that's all you can do at times ..and remember we are here for one another..
    so lets do this together and Move forward living life on life's terms ...
    so lets be thankful and count our blessing ..put the past behind us and learn from our mistakes and this pray helps me.. when i feel down and things aren't going as well as i would want them to go ok just kidding here the one but i do have to say god at times

[/FONT
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Thanks for starting the new thread Roger. I just found out that my Aunt has brain cancer. Don't know any details yet about what treatment if any. She's in the hospital and just had surgery for lung cancer when she started not making sense and not being able to lift her arms. They thought it might have been a TIA. But, got the final results today. My cousin is going over to tell my Uncle now. He had a stroke last year and has been in & out of the hospital - almost lost him a couple of times. My Aunt went thru a period a couple years ago where she had jaw cancer and it was really bad but we thought she had made a recovery.
    Thanks for listening friends. Just needed to talk. :h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

sorry to hear that nora you and yours will be in my prayers .. hang in there
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Oh Nora - so sorry to hear that - are they far from you? Oh gosh - it just never stops does it? You know where to come when you need some hand holding my friend....:l:l

Morning to everyone else - Thanks Rog for starting the August thread - hopefully August will be a better month for you. I just hope it cools down a bit! Had enough of the heat.

Off to meeting .....back later - hope everyone else finds us this morning,

Love and hugs, Sun XX
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

It's August.....yea ! The kids go off to school at the end of the month ! Ha!
          Keep Jammin' man !
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Count me in, for this month, and hopefully for the rest of the Augusts in my future
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

NoraC;1156354 wrote: Thanks for starting the new thread Roger. I just found out that my Aunt has brain cancer. Don't know any details yet about what treatment if any. She's in the hospital and just had surgery for lung cancer when she started not making sense and not being able to lift her arms. They thought it might have been a TIA. But, got the final results today. My cousin is going over to tell my Uncle now. He had a stroke last year and has been in & out of the hospital - almost lost him a couple of times. My Aunt went thru a period a couple years ago where she had jaw cancer and it was really bad but we thought she had made a recovery.
              Thanks for listening friends. Just needed to talk. :h
              :l So sorry to hear that. My father was diagnosed with Brain Cancer back in April. He's currently travelling over 200km return journey daily 5 days a week for treatment. Hope your Aunt pulls through
              :h

Comment

Oh Nora, love....I am so sorry
                just a quick pop in to send hugs and kisses to my precious family.....will read back later
                Sunni -I am with you....enough of the heat!!!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

just to comment for a few friend
                  Roger I am worried about you...please open up and let us in when you are ready......call if you like....
                  Biz - WHAT IS THE BIG SURPRISE???? Enjoy your holiday with the family, sweetie
                  YAY RC....can we all help you pick out what to wear to your daughter's wedding?? I am so happy for you...sounds like you had a nice day at the lake, too
                  Fen - I swear you should write......great post about the Fenelmobile.....sounds like some trips I have had with hubs
                  ok....it;s the first of the month, so I will be slammed....gotta run
                  FOOTBALL IS GREAT FOR BOYS, BY THE WAY!!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning All! I ended up a real lazy ass yesterday. Watched 2 movies and napped twice. Going to get real busy today!
                    Sorry about your Aunt Nora--I guess we are at that age where these things can come fast and furious. Don't forget to look after Nora.:l
                    Yes Mama dress suggestions are welcome. Something green or pinkish I think. Wedding might not be for another year--I hope anyways. I just had a quick boo at some images--yikes! Expensive! I wonder if I should offer her my wedding dress--no-- bad karma there. I should really have burned it by now.:H
                    Have a great day Jammers! xo
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Morning everyone. Thanks for all the support.

Juley - I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. :l

Nelz - Great to have you here.

RC - I missed this completely! Your other daughter is getting married now? Exciting.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey everybuddy! I slept one hour last night, and that's all the whining I'll do about me today. But if you see me post a page of zzzzzzzzzzzz's, you know I fell asleep on the keyboard. :H
                        T, thanks again for your dedication to this thread. I'm praying for a miracle for you this month; feeling better and better economic news.
                        Nora, the hits keep coming, don't they? I was just thinking this year hasn't been nearly as bad as last, losing people, but doesn't it feel like the keepers of our childhood are slipping away, the ones who ran our world? I'm hoping for the best for all your elderly, hon, and as was said, take care of Nora too.
                        Nelz, SO great to have you with us! And Juley too. Juley, the travel is harsh, isn't it? Best wishes to your Dad.
                        IAD, you're gonna have empty nest syndrome before long, then you and Mrs. Tony will have to talk to each other all the time! :H
                        MB, what's the latest news on your Dad? You haven't been in a while, have you, with your insane work schedule?
                        Sun, hows the weather there now? I don't want to travel somewhere that's gonna be as hot as it is here! How is Mags these days? I think of her often. TMB is having a bad arthritis prob in her back right hip, but she moves fast if she sees a chance to snatch a kitten. She lies with her nose to the door of the room their in, making us walk over her, then watching intently for a chance to push through the door. Last night she shoved far enough in as I opened the door to get her head in, and I swung and pushed her at the same time, straining my back, but she managed to nab a kitten's back leg for a second. No damage, just a tiny bit of blood, but I chastised her severely and banned her from that area. It must be nerve-rattling for the kittens to know the jaws of death lies inches away! They are SO funny and precious, but it will never work with TMB, so they HAVE to go this week.
                        RC, I would at least OFFER the dress. It's always her decision. And let her be involved in helping you decide what color, style she wants you to wear (and what she DOESN'T want). This is all about making her happy, and proud you're her mother. Once she decides her style (formal, outdoor, informal, theme, etc.) take all your cues from her. Trust me on this one, hon. My daughter and I shopped for mine (formal) on one of my rare trips to the mall, and we were both thrilled with the dress. She and I both got compliments on it. As far as your dress' Karma, it brought her into the world, and that's good enough, right? Tell her that was one of the three best things about it. Let us know more, and you'll get more suggestions than you will want! :H
                        Have a great day, friends. Hope everyone else pops by. As for me, I'm just gonna try to keep my eyes open!
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh, and Fen, I bet recovering from the ride Sat was harder than any work you did! :H I can imagine Sun is a great cook. We really OLD ladies have had a long time to learn!!!!
                          sigpic
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

LOL Ruby--trust me, I know better than to take the reigns with my daughter! I say pink or green because they are her favourite colours if you've looked at any of her eventing pics on FB, you'll see what I mean. As for the dress, yes I can always offer. The dress did not make the babies though. They were already here.

This was the last dress I helped her with--grade 8 grad. All the other girls were in high school formal, which I don't agree with but because that was the go, I did try to encourage her to up the anty a bit but nothing doing. Hell, we may be wearing cowboy boots! I doubt it though.
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

:H Like I said, it's her call! Have a funny joke about story about the mother and mother-in-law of the bride's dresses I'll tell you sometimes!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X