X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Goodnight everyone - love and hugs

Sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good night SunBeam and All.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hang in there, Rog.:h

Comment

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE !! Another day, and I am on earlies today. Rog, I hope that you are feeling a bit better each and every day.....

Fen - hope all is well with you - today is the day Mrs fen is out to Tick Hollow ! Are you going to have a "you" day?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today....
          love and hugs to all,

Sun XX
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

It's so good to hear that you're all still plodding along, despite trials and temptations. Nora, I'm sorry about your aunt, and Ruby, yours, too. Getting old is cruel on our loved ones and hard on those of us who have to watch them suffering.

Mother has just had the last of her BCG Treatments. Fen, you asked me a while back what BCG stands for and is all about, but I didn't get back to you. Sorry about that, but here it is, better late than never:

BCG is a drug that contains live bacteria, which is infused into the bladder using a catheter. The BCG bacteria stimulates your immune system to kill cancer cells in the bladder. The drug itself stays in the bladder for two hours (you're not supposed to pee if you can hold it) and is then taken out through the catheter, or leaves your bladder when you pass urine (Mother usually sprints to the loo before the 2 hours are up and again about ten times during the day).

As well as the bladder business, we're still dealing with the wonky heart and the osteoporosis. Never a dull moment. She is having injections into her spinal region to try to decrease pain. Our first visit to the relatively new Radiography Clinic, where the treatments are carried out, afforded us some merriment. My Mother likes to know all about what's going to happen with a new treatment, which I consider a fairly sound practice and one I follow myself. The Receptionist (obviously fairly new) finally sent for someone who knew what they were going to do, and Mother got the answers she needed. Finally, satisfied with the explanation of the treatment, Mother was asked to fill out a form agreeing to the procedure. She filled it in, all but one section, which she left blank. She took it over to the desk and handed it back to the receptionist. The receptionist said that Mother had to complete the section agreeing to to the treatment. Mother said there was no way she was going to agree to what it said. The receptionist got louder, no doubt assuming that would make her understand. (Mother was enjoying herself hugely at this point). They went back and forwards a few times when a Supervisor was called to sort it out. A kind of fascinated air of expectation had fallen over the waiting room by this time.
            When the Supervisor asked Mother what was the problem, Mother said that the form asked her if she agreed to be infected
            by the Doctor, and she wasn't going to agree to that under any circumstances. There was a stunned silence while the Supervisor looked at the form and then exploded with laughter. Which of course set everyone off. They'd been using that form since they opened six moths earlier and Mother was the only one to notice it, or to bring it to their attention.

I do enjoy accompanying her on these medical 'musements. We often end up suppressing guffaws or tittering like naughty schoolgirls. We kind of egg each other on.

It's great to see new 'faces' here on the Journey thread. Mine has been AWOL and I'm ashamed of myself. One thing I'll say for sobriety through MWO, I've always a dozen things to do at a time and I seem to be making my way through a lot of them. The Winter Veggie garden is looking fantastic and has been the subject of much admiration among my fellow veggie growing friends. I'll try to make more regular appearances now I've come in early in the month.

Even when I'm not here, I think of you and wish you all good things. It's a year this month since I found MWO...I can hardly believe it. Best thing I ever did for myself.
            Love you all.
            :h Mish :h
            sigpic
            Never give up...
            GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
            Remaining a perpetual possibility
            Only in a world of speculation.
            What might have been and what has been
            Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Goodmorning dear friends, I hope that you are all well. I have been on vacation with my family for the past three weeks. We had an awesome time. I am still heading out on some camping trips etc as well, so I don't have a computer with me. I am trying to read back, and see how you are all doing.

I am doing well, maybe eating a bit too much dessert! Still sober, and loving it.

Take care all,
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Has anyone heard from K9Lover recently? I'm sure one of you has her number or email, but can't remember who. RC? Ruby? Anyway, could you please let her know I'm thinking of her and wishing her strength and endurance and, of course, love.
                :h Mish :h
                sigpic
                Never give up...
                GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                Remaining a perpetual possibility
                Only in a world of speculation.
                What might have been and what has been
                Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Good Morning Hill and Mish - so lovely seeing you both again - Hill you have been missed with your early morning posts! I am so pleased that you had a good vacation and such a fun time. Way to go on still being sober as well - it obviously agrees with you. And don't worry about too much dessert - I am sure you will work it off is due course! Just continue enjoying yourself - you sound so happy and relaxed!!

Mish - I laughed when I read that about the form and your mum - good for her catching it!!! How funny!!! It is so good that you are with her on her journey and can laugh about it - it helps you both enormously. So pleased that your winter veggie garden is doing well - my summer veggie garden is pitiful with the heat that we have been having. What are you growing? Oh - I do have K9's phone # but will PM her and see if she answers me as to me giving it to you. I had called her a couple of times and she didn't return my calls but that was some time ago. things might have changed for her. I am not even sure if she has her thing set up for Pm'ing either.

So good to hear you sounding so well and happy - nice to see you here. I need to get going to work.

love and hugs Mish,

love, Sun XX

Comment

Good morning! Nice to see you Mish and so glad you are keeping that positive,funny attitude that serves you so well. Wishing the best for your Mom.xo
                    Hill-good to see you too--what excellent weather you've had for holidays. Look forward to hearing of your adventures.
                    Thanks for letting us know how Effie is Fen. I hope she and you Rog are feeling better in no time. Good tips about sitting up for improved sleep.
                    No coffee in the house-so off I go a bit early to the local coffee shop this morning.
                    A bit of rainage here this morning to cool things off. Nice.
                    Make a great day All. xo
                    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hey everyone! So good to see so many this early in the morning. Especially Miss and Hill - you've been missed!!
                      Mish, your Mum sounds like a real hoot! What fun to be able to laugh together through all this. Momma's last 4 months were a nightmare, but her funny little self had us in stitches so many times, and those are the times we remember the best. It says a lot about the great relationship you have together.
                      Was up till 1 AM cooking, have to get out running errands and visiting soon, but hoping you all have a good (cool) day.
                      Oh, last night when Tink and I finally went up to bed, I was trying to feel my way in the dark so as not to disturb Hubs, when I misjudged where the bed was and accidentally dropped Tink on the floor instead of bed. She ran and hid from me, so I ended up making 3 trips back downstairs and searching the upstairs with a flashlight before I found her, hiding behind my slippers under the bed. Hubs growled a sleepy 'What the H are you doing'. I said 'trying not to wake you' and he said 'didn't work, did it?' Smartass. And Tink is still giving me the 'look'.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Mish, your mum sounds like a real hoot! Good for her- she pointed out a flaw in their form and managed to get a laugh out of it as well. She has to be one of two people in the world who actually read those forms (you being the other one, apparently!). :H

Comment

I really just want to lock my doors, turn off my phones, and not see or speak to anyone for 72 hours. How selfish is that? Oh, well, I'm out, buds.

sigpic
                          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ruby...is it really that dark in your bedroom? Poor Tink! At least you didn't drop yourself on the floor.:H Hi, Mish & Hill. Great to see you again.

I'm multi-tasking again...but just wanted to let you all know I am thinking of you. I'll send prayers for Effie and Roger, too.

Love to all.:l
                            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Oh, Ruby, I can relate.....that is how I feel most every day!!!
                              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Rubes, that's hysterical! Poor Tinkerbell!:H

Comment

Working...
                                X