The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago my uncle came in late one night, was going to run jump on the bed inthe dark. My aunt had moved the bed during the day. He had a bloody nose and 2 black eyes from the bureau.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good morning, family! I feel great today. Paul has gone to work! He has 3 jobs in Jxn, so I have the whole day to myself! Need to clean though, but can listen to my cds! Mish, it is so good to see you again. I am sorry for all you and your Mom are going through, but it sounds like she is making the best of it and she sure don't let much get past her! Hill, so glad to see you back! I'm o happy that you had a nice vacation without alcohol and your enthusiasm is very encouraging to us struggling! You sound great! Ruby, Of course, I want Grateful to have the best room! I will take the boys room. It looks really nice. I doubt we will sleep much though! Gotta cram alot of talking in those 2 days! What a funny story about Tink! Sounds just like Chloe "How dare you drop me!" and giving me the cold shoulder for it! I'll be praying for you today. Fen, thank you for the update on Effie. Please send her my love, if you talk to her again and let her know that I am praying for her. Roger, I almost called you yesterday to check on you. I am so sorry you are still sick. I'm praying that you feel better and that phone rings with some work and/or a job! Sunni, glad you are feeling a bit better! Hey, my sweet Grateful! Hope you and everyone has a great day. I love you all! Vicki
      I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
      but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

I didn't just 'drop' her, I sorta TOSSED her! :H Beware the flying Yorkies!
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

fennel;1157479 wrote: Mish, your mum sounds like a real hoot! Good for her- she pointed out a flaw in their form and managed to get a laugh out of it as well. She has to be one of two people in the world who actually read those forms (you being the other one, apparently!). :H
          Fen, I know it's a bit obsessive and anal retentive reading the forms, but I actually do. Or could it be paranoia, suspecting someone's trying to infect me and have a loophole in place in case I try to sue.

sunshinedaisies;1157433 wrote:
          Mish - I laughed when I read that about the form and your mum - good for her catching it!!! How funny!!! It is so good that you are with her on her journey and can laugh about it - it helps you both enormously. So pleased that your winter veggie garden is doing well - my summer veggie garden is pitiful with the heat that we have been having. What are you growing? Oh - I do have K9's phone # but will PM her and see if she answers me as to me giving it to you. I had called her a couple of times and she didn't return my calls but that was some time ago. things might have changed for her. I am not even sure if she has her thing set up for Pm'ing either.

So good to hear you sounding so well and happy - nice to see you here. I need to get going to work.

love and hugs Mish,

love, Sun XX

My Winter Veggie Garden by Mish
          I have sugar snap peas, broad beans, brown and red onions, shallots, garlic, capsicum, chillies, beetroot, red cabbage, green cabbage, turnips, carrots, broccolini, potatoes, kipfler potatoes, cauliflower (only 2...the slugs had their sprinting shoes on the day I planted them), rhubarb, English spinach and chokos. I think that's it. Oh, and a hardy Zobrino tomato that refused to die out after Summer and is flowering.

Sun, I'm glad you have K9's email and phone number but I didn't suggest you ask her if I could have them. However
          , if she felt it was ok, I would love to be able to contact her and send my support and love.

It's so good to be back on here and chat with you all again. I keep telling myself I'll make it every day or so, but then I get caught up and it takes forever to read back and I have to admit to dropping my bundle over the past couple of months. Losing my little bird was a terrible blow and I really went through a deep period of mourning for her, mingled with guilt because I felt I hadn't protected her well enough. I have a new baby now, almost ten weeks old. I had to tube feed her for a couple of weeks as she wasn't eating seed properly when I got her, but now she's a very big girl and can manage her seed and crumbles all by herself.

Enjoy the rest of your day, dear NH friends. Love and hugs. (:h and :l:l)
          :h Mish :h
          sigpic
          Never give up...
          GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
          Remaining a perpetual possibility
          Only in a world of speculation.
          What might have been and what has been
          Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

I have missed you guys all so bad. Thank you all so much for your love and very much needed support. You make me feel so special and I can't tell you how much strength that gives to me. I only hope I can do the same for you, each and everyone of you, my family.

So...........Hello to everyone and lets kick the shit out of this month, shall we?

It's so good to see everyone here and some new people too. This is a great family, crazy, witty, funny and ONE OF A KIND. It's one wonderful place to belong to. I have felt the love and support since day one and I can't live without my family.

I'm so sorry I have been MIA for so long, but like my sweet Rubes said, island hopping in Greece and doing business isn't so much fun after all. I came down with a really bad cold and an ear infection that just doesn't want to go away. Came back home on Sunday and have been feeling crappy ever since. The worst thing is that I came home to find my Mama sick too, with a urinary bladder infection. Isn't that fun? Mama is one strong woman, but the doc prescribed her the wrong antibiotics and ten days after taking them she got a high fever that made her feeling so weak, she couldn't even walk!! Anyway, long story short, she's recovering with the right antibiotics now. But, I couldn't be of much help to her since I was running some pretty high fever too for a couple of days. Being sick in this heat is a misery! Changed antibiotics and still not feeling that good, but I'm fighting it.

Rubes, sorry about your aunt, honey. But, I don't remember reading anything about how it was, spending time with your dad's family and your cousins you haven't seen in decades.., but I'm not sorry about poor Tinkerbell... The pics of your cabin brought tears to my eyes, Rubie....! Just looking at them, brings peace and serenity in my heart. I can't imagine how it would be to actually be there! And, yeah, count me in, as your number one candidate wanting to move to Atlanta. All I need is a job and I'll be there in a heartbeat. I love you so much

Vicki, doll face, I'm so glad you like the new color on your walls and very happy you're not hurting. Let's see what the doc says on the 15th and like Rubes very well said, be careful with the meds that you're taking. Love you girl!

Thank you my dear Fen for letting everybody know I was sick.. What a ride with Mrs. Fen that was, huh? You just cracked me up reading about that. :H

Ringing, congrats on your daughter's engagement!

Sunny, my sweet, I just love the way you and Rubes go at it.... You girls make my day every time. Just get it through your thick sculls ladies.... I'm the youngest one here... , so... I'll be doing all the cooking.. under your directions of course ...... ha ha. Thought I should let you know about that:H

Nora, how are things with hubs? Sorry about your aunt honey. Hang in there, sweets. Love ya.

A great big hug and lots of love to our Rog, my hero! Hang in there. Believe me, good things come to those who wait.. I'm right where you are, in different ways, but still trying to make ends meet. :l

Michael, I love suspense... I can't wait for you to get back! Have a good time, my friend.

Love you sweet Grateful.

Swannie, so good to see you back girl. I'm right there with you. We'll fight this and come out winners, right? We're all here for you, all here for each other:l

Love and hugs to one and all. Off to PM Rubes now... before the fever gets higher.

Effie

Comment

What a wild ride this day has been. As I was finally about ready to leave, phone call from AC company tech we'd called about the AC not working in the house we're about to remodel. He says power is on, but only half of it (?). Greek to me. SO I told him I'd call him right back, called power company which I had called on Monday to have power switched into our name. Turns out they had switched another, OCCUPIED house to us, and power there was supposed to be off. She puts me on hold to call the AC tech, and I held so long ALL my phones froze, no dial tone. My cell was dead. So I leave, pick up a huge meat and cheese tray, sliced artisan bread, a dozen fresh doughnuts, and a bouqet of cut flowers, only to get to uncle's and no one's there. I go back to the bank, spend a 1/2 hour sorting out what's taking so long on restructuring a loan to buy the other house, call uncle's (no answer) and decide to just drive out there and use his hidden key. Anyway, they were there, and seemed so genuinely touched by the little things I'd done, my visit, I stayed about an hour. Back home, (after 2 more errands) and I get on the by-pass (under construction, of course!) and there's an accident. 45 minutes later, I get a call from Hubs, at the eye-doctor and they'd dilated his eyes. He's blind as a bat, but has decided to drive home anyway! Nail-biting next half hour to hear the truck drive in or the phone ring!
              Eff, I'm SO sorry about you and your mom. Sounds like you're a bit better now, so that's good, but yes! sick in the summer is the worst. And I'll post you pics any time, sweetie!
              Mish, I'm so happy you have your little baby bird now to mother. Losing a beloved pet is a true heartbreak, and you can't replace them, but we can give another a wonderful, loving life. Post us some pics! (You know she thinks your her momma!)
              sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone.
                Mish!! Great to see you here. :h You are missed. :h

Effie - hope that you start feeling better right away. :l

I always listen to headphones at night. One night I yanked on the covers, my tape player went flying up in the air - hit me in the eye. I thought I was blind. Boy, did I have a black eye. Hubbie slept thru the whole thing. But, I've never thrown any of the animals that way. :H
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'M HOME HONIES !!!! Had a good ay at work. just found out that I was outside yesterday for all that time and it was our hottest day of the year - our heat index was 118 degrees!! WOW temp was 102. I plan on doing the same again tomorrow - I work close tomorrow so will try and get out for a few hours first thing. Oh funny - Grateful has just texted me! Told her I was posting! the world is so small with all our electronic devices!

Effie - lovely to see you here today and so pleased that you are on the road to recovery - hope that your mum is too. Awful for both of you to be sick - you need to take care of each other! Oh - and the only reason ruby and I go at it is because she hates that she is older than me - but old folk get like that. LOL Of course, I wouldn't know !!!

Mish - your garden sounds lovely. I plan on planting a fall crop of carrots and beets once I get my summer stuff out of the way. I am actually changing my whole garden round at the end of this season so can't do too much as I am trying to get it ready for next spring and so have to move stuff round. I haven't heard from K9 but if I do I will let you know.

Vicki - hope you enjoyed your day to yourself - aren't they lovely days? did you do stuff for you though?? Or did you just clean? How are your hands? Has the swelling gone down at all? And the pain...how is that doing?

Ruby - poor Tinks! you should have waited until your eyes adjusted to the dark before you moved around in the dark - oh wait - your eyes are OLD - they won't adjust - sorry. :H:H:H I still have no trouble and never throw my dogs across the room.

I need to go and sort out something for my dinner - not sure what - really can't be bothered this evening. Maybe I will do a veggie quasadilla (spelling???). Quick and easy!! Sounds good. I must have mind reading dogs - THINK about dinner and they have both come up to me and are staring at me - LOL

Rc - hope your day has gone well for you - you sound so good these days - it is so good to hear!!! :l:l

hugs to all,

sun X
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Sun, it's not the adjusting to darkness, it's telling the difference between the spoiled regular milk and buttermilk, when I can't read the label.

This is naughty - watch at your own risk! http://youtu.be/aGbwUrZ9eDk[/video]]‪Funny Eyeglass Commercial‬‏ - YouTube
                    sigpic

Comment

rubywillow;1157690 wrote: Sun, it's not the adjusting to darkness, it's telling the difference between the spoiled regular milk and buttermilk, when I can't read the label.

This naughty - watch at your own risk! http://youtu.be/aGbwUrZ9eDk[/video]]‪Funny Eyeglass Commercial‬‏ - YouTube
                      OMFG---too funny!!!!!!!!!!
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

These are tame.........

http://youtu.be/CZOeWFBy75A[/video]]‪Sears Optical Raccoon Commercial‬‏ - YouTube
                        http://youtu.be/y5CZnBu8xhQ[/video]]‪Sears Optical Commerical - Taxi‬‏ - YouTube
                        http://youtu.be/xzmxSTAK2Mg[/video]]‪funny commercial for eyeglasses!‬‏ - YouTube
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm afraid to look..you tease you.:l

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

RingingCedars;1157721 wrote: I'm afraid to look..you tease you.:l
                            LOL - nothing like Ruby's OTHER one though !!!!!

night all !!!

Hugs, Sun XX
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

ehumhh---frog in my throat as usual---nighters all...keep lookin forward friends... xo

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I just get lost in You Tube!

http://youtu.be/2hw3EXeaHhs[/video]]‪when not to clean your eye glasses‬‏ - YouTube
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X