The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!!FOR AUGUST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL - RC - Cool pic - there is no way I am going to do that !!! My wrinkles would fall around my face and cover it!!!!

I went out to my little veggie patch - I had taken my fence down around it on Tuesday. I had two sweet potato plants in there - overnight, something has eaten ALL the leaves except two on one plant and four on the other!!!! ALL OF THEM !!! I didn't know the fence was doing such a good job! I doubt that I will get any sweet spuds now. :upset::upset: And the plants were doing SO well too.

Oh well, we live and learn.....

Sun XX
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

The FenMeister strikes again!
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

My biggest wrinkles are my WTF forehead lines!

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

Actually - seeing as Fen and co could get in there any time, can't blame this one on the squirls, this is either bunnies or the groundhogs - there is plenty for them in the garden so they never bothered the veggie patch before - but with the fence down - well, it was like opening up a buffet bar for them !!! I am wondering if I should leave what is left or just dig and see if anything is there worth salvaging...
          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

My grandmother taught me to actually break the stocks so that the nutrients and growth went into the tater. Can't remember how long after flowering you do that though. I wouldn't dig them up, but maybe protect them as the critters may come back for more.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

LOL RC - there are no more! They have left about half a dozen leaves total between the two plants - they are sweet potato so they are the vine ones. I might have a poke around in the soil and see what might be there. Thank you anyway though :l

Comment

Morning folks.
                Really struggling with my thoughts today. Skipped my antabuse this morning. Setting myself up.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well, the point was, if they've flowered, then the leaves/stalks aren't important. BUT, I don't know if that applies to viney sweet taters. So, did ya find anything under der?

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

NOOOOO Nora---what's going on to make you want to throw the towel in?

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RC - I'm really not sure. Kids leaving on Wednesday. Son moving out. All I can think about is how fun it is at the beginning of drinking. I'm thinking about just letting go and laughing and having a couple drinks. I'm forgetting about the aftermath. The 2 bottles of champagne. The waking up with the guilt. The trying to stop again. The look in hubby's eyes.
                      Trying to work thru these emotions but I've already decided that the day will be August 13. :upset: Thanks for listening. Must be momentary madness.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, it sounds like you do know why and you know why not. You've already determined that it won't be a moderation goal to start with. This is not a good thing. How about writing out all the whys and why nots in a pro/con list? Make plans to do something really cool on the 13th that can't involve AL?

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Thank you RC. :h:h
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora:h:l Kick ass Girl! Um, and take a pill.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RingingCedars;1158649 wrote: Nora:h:l Kick ass Girl! Um, and take a pill.
                              :H:H:H
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glad that's settled. Now, what are you going to do next Saturday? Hair, nails, hot air balloon ride? Lego world? Swim with the dolphins??

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X